Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fleetwood Mac - RDS

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,894 ✭✭✭Nunu

DrumSteve wrote: »
    Doors only get a half hour on stage?

Shame what happened to a great band.

Very good😂

• Registered Users Posts: 12,611 ✭✭✭✭errlloyd

Almost sad to see Shane wheeled out, but glad he still has the energy for it

errlloyd wrote: »
    Almost sad to see Shane wheeled out, but glad he still has the energy for it

He didn't look like he had energy for anything, not sure he even knew where he was.
    It was terrible imo

• Registered Users Posts: 455 ✭✭Ben Done

bubblypop wrote: »
    He didn't look like he had energy for anything, not sure he even knew where he was.
    It was terrible imo

What was the story on Shane?

• Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 2,254 Mod ✭✭✭✭Nigel Fairservice

It was a real pleasure to see Neil Finn sing Don't Dream It's Over. Free Fallin' cover was great as well! Really enjoyed The Chain, have always wanted to see them do it live.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

Well.. verdict?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭Uriel.

Music sounds was grand. Speech sound not so much. At least up in Anglesea.

I was disappointed not to hear crystal or 7 wonders but not surprised. But I'm super depressed not to have heard tusk.

Enjoyed it though, very much. First and only time I'll see them I guess. Mick is a legend. Stevie is just mind blowing. She looks great and still sounds well, especially considering her age.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,195 ✭✭✭PaulieC

Well.. verdict?

Fantastic. Of course Buckingham wasn't there so the purists are up in arms all over Twitter but it was a great show. Loads of young folk there surprisingly. You can take Tom Petty out of the Heartbreakers but Mike Campbell won't let you forget.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,543 ✭✭✭Ferris_Bueller

Well.. verdict?

Not good. Venue issues more so than the band probably. Will post more when I'm sober tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,385 ✭✭✭Mrs Shuttleworth

Shouldn't be posting as didn't pay in but stood on path outside right at the stage. Perfect view of screens (better than standing down the back inside).

They sounded incredible from where I was anyway. Particularly Stevie and Christine hard to believe Christine is 76 this year.

I shouldn't be commenting so apols.

• Advertisement

Ben Done wrote: »
    What was the story on Shane?

They wheeled him out to do a duet with Chrissie Hynd, Jesus it was woeful, he looked like he didn't know what was going on, obviously couldn't sing & couldn't remember the words. Chrissie hynd actually seemed to rub his head at one stage.
    I don't know, maybe it was just me, thought it was awful.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,155 ✭✭✭TheRiverman

Not good. Venue issues more so than the band probably. Will post more when I'm sober tomorrow.

I wasn't at this show,butI have been to many shows at the RDS over the years and never had a problem with the venue.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,259 ✭✭✭Shlippery

Gold circle was great and worth the premium (although, wasn't really a choice as the back standing ones had sold out first when trying to buy them on release day!

Tons of space in the area except for the shambles of the whole one way system for going out to the bar/jacks. It was madness.

Enjoyed the gig otherwise, weirdly mixed crowd.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,003 ✭✭✭endainoz

It was a great gig, Neil Finn was amazing with them as was Mike Campbell, the main issue I had was that the entrance to the pitch was way too congested and nearly dangerous at times. I suppose some people were not aware that they were on a half an hour earlier but yeah was way too congested. Could have done with more entrances to the pitch.

Sound from the pitch was great, Landslide was definitely a highlight as was free fallin, but I'm a big Tom Petty fan and found it quite emotional.

The McGowan song with Chrissy Hynde was certainly unique, I'm not sure how I felt about it, he was literally wheeled out like. Was my first gig in RDS since Metallica in 04 but it was great to see these legends together. Mick Fleetwood was in his element. I had heard people having concerns about Stevie Nicks' voice before but no complaints from me. Fantastic show, on the long road back to the M7 back to Clare now. Will be back around 2am!

• Registered Users Posts: 38,402 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Shouldn't be posting as didn't pay in but stood on path outside right at the stage. Perfect view of screens (better than standing down the back inside).

They sounded incredible from where I was anyway. Particularly Stevie and Christine hard to believe Christine is 76 this year.

I shouldn't be commenting so apols.

Cheeky but if the opportunity is there take it ha

Surprised they dont have Stewards there or put something there too Block the view of inside the venue

• Registered Users Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭Uriel.

endainoz wrote: »
    It was a great gig, Neil Finn was amazing with them as was Mike Campbell, the main issue I had was that the entrance to the pitch was way too congested and nearly dangerous at times. I suppose some people were not aware that they were on a half an hour earlier but yeah was way too congested. Could have done with more entrances to the pitch.

Sound from the pitch was great, Landslide was definitely a highlight as was free fallin, but I'm a big Tom Petty fan and found it quite emotional.

The McGowan song with Chrissy Hynde was certainly unique, I'm not sure how I felt about it, he was literally wheeled out like. Was my first gig in RDS since Metallica in 04 but it was great to see these legends together. Mick Fleetwood was in his element. I had heard people having concerns about Stevie Nicks' voice before but no complaints from me. Fantastic show, on the long road back to the M7 back to Clare now. Will be back around 2am!

Yes I had helicopter view of the pitch entrance and you are dead right, there was a huge crowd came streaming in for about 7 to 10 minutes, many rushing to get in as the gig was well on at that stage. It was an accident waiting to happen. Thankfully I didn't notice anything actually happen.

• Registered Users Posts: 530 ✭✭✭colmufc

Thank goodness for that motorway it's so easy to do a gig and be home for half1 in the limerick region
    Out of interest where did you park and how much hassle was it

• Registered Users Posts: 2,127 ✭✭✭piplip87

What was alcohol and food choices like ? Heading to Bon Jovi Saturday with a picky drinker and a picky eater.

Thank god she's not so picky when it comes to men

• Registered Users Posts: 5,003 ✭✭✭endainoz

colmufc wrote:
    Thank goodness for that motorway it's so easy to do a gig and be home for half1 in the limerick region Out of interest where did you park and how much hassle was it

Parked at a church, think it was called St Mary's? Was very lucky just came upon it, closed just after we got it. Happy to pay the 10 euro for entry. It was at the back of the stage so we had a bit of a walk to get to the yellow entrance.

A delay of about 20 mins to get out, had to led the crowd off first but was back on the road shortly after. It's started pouring rain then too so we were very lucky if held off for the duration of the gig.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,622 ✭✭✭✭okidoki987

Parked at a church, think it was called St Mary's? Was very lucky just came upon it, closed just after we got it. Happy to pay the 10 euro for entry. It was at the back of the stage so we had a bit of a walk to get to the yellow entrance.

A delay of about 20 mins to get out, had to led the crowd off first but was back on the road shortly after. It's started pouring rain then too so we were very lucky if held off for the duration of the gig.

They open the church car park for parking for concerts, events in RDS, sporting events etc.
    Must make a fortune.
    A lot of spaces in that area are pay and display until 12am so not a massive choice around.
    Must make a fortune.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,259 ✭✭✭Shlippery

piplip87 wrote: »
    What was alcohol and food choices like ? Heading to Bon Jovi Saturday with a picky drinker and a picky eater.

Bulmers/Rockshore/Prosocco/Gordons Pink G&T..think I saw a Guinness somewhere...and the usual burger vans etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,228 ✭✭✭darragh o meara

colmufc wrote: »
    Out of interest where did you park and how much hassle was it

We parked on ailesbury road, loads of parking there and only needed a ticket for an hour to cover past 7pm. 10min walk from there so was really handy.

Gig was unreal, no buckingham was a bit of a bummer but the 2 lads done him justice. The rest of the band were fantastic and Fleetwoods 10 min drum solo was great, man looked like he was off his face :) Nice to see Neil Finn song his own song, went down really well complimented by Nicks joining in and the Petty tribute another fantastic song. The rest of the Mac stuff was unreal, was hoping for a few more but with such a back catalogue it’s hard to fit it all in.

Hopefully it’s not the last we see of Fleetwood Mac in Ireland but I’d say their touring days are coming to an end with this one sadly..

• Registered Users Posts: 7,920 ✭✭✭cee_jay

We parked on Lansdowne Road, Pay & Display until 18:30, didn't take long to get out onto the canal at the end.

I loved the gig, but thought Stevie Nicks looked very tired coming out at the end for Free Falling. She is still amazing though. 2 women next to me were Neil Finn superfans and left really happy.
    The Pretenders were really good too, but Shane McGowan was a but random and woeful.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,894 ✭✭✭Rfrip

This was up there with seeing chic for the first time in the electric arena at ep

The ticket price was worth it alone for those few minutes of landslide. That was just pure joy.
    Stevie nicks was incredible. So glad I finally got to see them. I just did not want it to end

I thought it was a fantastic concert from start to finish, absolutely excellent, parking was fine, we paid and displayed and had a 10 min walk at most, got back to Cork around 2am and I'd go again in a heartbeat, I shed a few tears there tbh, loved every song they sang, still can't believe I got to see them live, loved it.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,894 ✭✭✭Rfrip

piplip87 wrote: »

Good few different stalls, hot dogs, burgers, Chinese, think I saw an Eddie rockets... they had rockshore, bulmers and a gin stand aswell.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,023 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

Saw a video a friend posted of Shane McGowan...

Christ it's actually difficult to watch.

Sounds like the Mac were awesome though which is great to hear. Hopefully they'll be back again with Lindsey Buckingham although have a a feeling with their age profile that they may not patch things up and/or tour again.

• Registered Users Posts: 22 Paddy_Whack

My head hit the pillow in Co. Clare at 2.02AM precisely!
    Worth the effort. Brilliant show!
    Chrissy and Pretenders were superb. Look, Shane has been struggling for many years but he seemed to get a huge kick from the audience response to him as he was wheeled away!
    The Mac were massive! Great start to the Show with The Chain........
    Made reference to, and played a couple of Peter Green songs, but, l was surprised they didn't mention Lindsey at all??
    The section with Mick F on solo drums was outrageous. What energy. Of course, he was in his element. What a Showman!!!!!
    Christine was also terrific. BUT, Stevie. What a Legend. Voice on point. 17 years of age.
    She did struggle with the Irish climate, though. She was hardly able to carry all the extra clothing she was adding as the evening went on.....
    She knows how to woo a crowd.
    Loved every second of it.
    Sound was perfect where we were(Gold circle.... Only ticket option as well.)
    Was at Gig in Aviva a few years ago. The echo/reverb was horrendous. Couldn't even understand what artists were saying between songs!
    Nothing like that last night.
    Brilliant show last night................. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,385 ✭✭✭Mrs Shuttleworth

What chances of seeing this current line up in Ireland again - it looks like they're going to Australia and the US in the autumn.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,056 ✭✭✭Brian201888

Had no idea about the time change so was stood at the bar when they came on, Mick was a legend.

Advertisement