Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Concrete Floor Work- Am I mad?

Options
  • 22-10-2018 8:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 694 ✭✭✭

Hey folks,

Looking for some guidance/advice.

I'm looking to level out the garage floor which is currently poured concrete but very uneven.

-Site has Rear access w/ double doors and DOES NOT need old concrete removed/dugout
    It will require:
    -Supply / Mixing / Pouring / Leveling of New concrete over a space of 35M2 & a depth of 6cm at it's highest point.

I have a quote of €57/sq m2 which I was a little taken aback by through a brickie I've worked with before and comes recommended.

Appreciate the advice as always.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 856 ✭✭✭Sacrolyte

Try a few more people. You need to ask a least 3. That’s huge money for a handy days work.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,935 ✭✭✭enricoh

2 grand to pour a 2 inch max screed. Is he powerfloating the floor? Nice days work for yer man is right.

• Registered Users Posts: 34 roryj

Apart from cost, you really do need to consider a min depth of 60 mm as the floor will be very weak and boast otherwise.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,174 ✭✭✭kieran.

look into a liquid self levelling screed, you should be able to get that done for half your quote approx.

• Registered Users Posts: 694 ✭✭✭douglashyde

Just updating this for those who were interested: I ended up purchasing the concrete myself from Roadstone, 2.5 cubic meters at a cost of 370. Poured it about 2.5 inches deep.

I didn't require a screed in the end.

Then found a stone mason with the proper leveling tools to help me spread and level + mucked in myself. Ended up paying him 300. Total cost of 670 euro vs. the 1800 the first chap wanted.

I'm going to pour an epoxy resin on top to give it a smooth and nice finish.

Shop around!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 902 ✭✭✭thesteve

Deadly, post a few pics when it's finished please!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,935 ✭✭✭enricoh

Over a grand in your ar@e pocket for a couple of hours with the wheelbarrow and rake.
    That'll do nicely!
    A lot of lads nowadays spinning around in the brand new jeeps and trying to milk people dry. Better luck next time!

Advertisement