Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Asus G20ci - power problem

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,831 ✭✭✭podgeandrodge

Thanks lads.
    Ed, I already said to Smuggler (but he's a long way away), if you are ever passing Terenure?!

I have an electrician coming out for other work so will ask him to have a look at power, but he said he wouldn't be able to look at power on the internal board..

have a computer fixer coming out for an initial look, but I am not confident, this is a weird one. But I'll give him your suggestions.

Ed E - when you say "go straight to the internal circuits" what exactly would be tested? ie what is DCV (dc voltage?)

I see you are in D14 - all joking aside, if you think you can do this I'd be happy to cover your time...

One more...
    How you tested your PSU unit?

Usually, if plugged to the wall, even if PC is powered down, USB ports still have power - can you confirm this. Phone charger should work.

tested usb ports - nothing!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,130 ✭✭✭smuggler.ie

Resurrecting this. See if anyhow related to your case.

I come across this video, where guy(badly mixing components names) doing upgrade to ROG G20. Just have look - he mention jumpers re: dual power usage @~2 min in video

Consult manual regards jumper positions

thanks smuggler, but I have erased the thoughts of resurrecting the Rog from my mind at this stage :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,130 ✭✭✭smuggler.ie

thanks smuggler, but I have erased the thoughts of resurrecting the Rog from my mind at this stage :)
    OK

Advertisement