Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What router am I connected to?

Options
  • 22-10-2018 9:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10

I have a main wireless router/modem plus 2 extra wireless routers on my home network. All 3 have fixed IP addresses. Sometimes my wifi quality is poor so I'm trying to determine which router my device is connected to so I can tweak that router's settings. How can I do this? My device wifi info just gives me the main router's IP address, and apps like Fing or SpeedTest give the same. Any ideas?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Tracert is one way, channels are another (the APs should NOT be on the same channel).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭The high horse brigade

Sounds like you made a mess of things adding more devices. Get a WiFi analyser for your smartphone and make sure they're on channels well away from each other

• Registered Users Posts: 7 PatchIt

Hi there ,

1st - if you know the two router ip addresses than go into settings and change SSID on every router. Connect all SSID`s on your device and that will enable you to see what network you are connected to.
    If you don't know the addresses then go into the main router and check Ip address pool and you will see the Ip`s given to the modems.

Good luck.
    If you are still getting stuck pm me and I will try to help.

regards Armands
    I have a main wireless router/modem plus 2 extra wireless routers on my home network. All 3 have fixed IP addresses. Sometimes my wifi quality is poor so I'm trying to determine which router my device is connected to so I can tweak that router's settings. How can I do this? My device wifi info just gives me the main router's IP address, and apps like Fing or SpeedTest give the same. Any ideas?

Advertisement