Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Insurance Exclusion

Options
  • 22-10-2018 10:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,991 ✭✭✭

So I'm looking at insurance renewal for my mothers place which she rents out. One Clause Jumped out, are is permitted to take rent to SW tenants? If we did we's have to inform the insurance company as they would be "non professional"
    Tenant Type
    This insurance is accepted on the basis that the home used for residential letting is occupied by professional tenant(s).
    If at the time of a claim the tenant type is NOT as specified above, we will follow the procedure as detailed under 'Correct Information and
    Changes in Circumstances' within your policy wording under section 'Your Policy Documentation'.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 26,511 ✭✭✭✭Peregrinus

Does the policy document contain any definition of the term "professional tenant"? Because it looks pretty meaningless to me. What profession, exactly, must a tenant have to be a "professional tenant"?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,997 ✭✭✭3DataModem

The definitions that used to be used by insurers are;
    - professional tenants (in insurance term, this is anyone with a job paying their own rent)
    - student tenants
    - social welfare / council / asylum seekers / housing association tenants (paid by government)
    - retired tenants
    - corporate tenants (paid by employer)
    - friends / family tenants (i.e. linked to landlord)

Advertisement