Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dermot Kennedy Vicar St 22/23 October

Options
  • 23-10-2018 8:58am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,695 ✭✭✭

Surprised not to see a thread about these gigs.. was anyone there lastnight or going tonight?

I was there last night, excellent gig, he was absolutely amazing, even better live then he appears on youtube etc, the power in his voice is crazy.

A few gripes though.. We were standing to left of the stage and the sound was a bit off, there was a lot of reverb back from like the seats or the walls or something during the Bass-y parts. Also, think they had either an amp or a pedal box malfunction during an evening i will not forget. Not a major issue.

The main gripe though, was the amount of absolute tosspots at the gig, just constantly chatting and laughing and payin no attention tp 90% of the music. I know you usually get a few these hipster toolboxes who turn up knowing one song, chat all the way through to then record the one song they know to stick it up on insta with #unrealgig but the place seemed to be full of them lastnight, was actually very depressing. Seen a good few people having arguments with people around them asking them to be quiet and i had one myself with some flute beside me. Hopefully the gig tonight is a bit better for those genuine fans who are going

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,980 ✭✭✭Ricosruffneck

Until Acts start pulling Christy Moores and calling out people that are talking it's going to continue.

I don't understand paying upwards of 30euro for a ticket and then chatting. These people are the worst parts of society.

If there's a gig i'd really want to see without this happening i'd probably hit the continent, maybe Germany/Holland.

• Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭Deenie78

I was there last night, also on the left hand side and totally agree re the sound. I was a bit disappointing when An Evening I Will Not Forget got so effected by it, as it's a real high point at Dermot's gigs. Also agree re the tosspots, but I think we were lucky that we weren't too badly effected.
    Despite all that it was an awesome gig, he puts so much into his shows. The new songs were great too. Will definitely be trying to get tickets for next May.

• Registered Users Posts: 170 ✭✭VanishingActs

Shame about the sound. I saw him in Amsterdam a few weeks ago - the sound there was also terrible, really affected my enjoyment of the gig, and I LOVE Dermot. Couldn't get to the Dublin gigs this week but will head to the ones in May for sure.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,695 ✭✭✭allybhoy

Until Acts start pulling Christy Moores and calling out people that are talking it's going to continue.

I don't understand paying upwards of 30euro for a ticket and then chatting. These people are the worst parts of society.

If there's a gig i'd really want to see without this happening i'd probably hit the continent, maybe Germany/Holland.

Cant understand it myself either, just constantly on their phone or chatting throughout like why would you bother going at all. There was a group girls behind me who mustnt have seen each other in years or something as they never stopped talking from the moment they arrived... two people told them to be quiet..they stopped for about 5 minutes and then started nattering again, we ended up moving away from them. I was hoping Dermot would go full Louis CK on them.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 fifi_gal

I was at the gig last night, also to the left of the stage. Luckily there weren't too many dickheads around us and we got to enjoy the gig. My third time seeing Dermot and he didn't disappoint, he just keeps getting better.

There was a good bit of heckling though, a guy behind us shouted 'Liverpool won 1-0' at one stage - ffs what was the need? Dermot handled it well but I don't understand ruining the atmosphere for everyone. Especially at a gig like that where the music is so powerful - you want to get lost in the moment.

• Advertisement
Advertisement