Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Good spots to hit during Jazz weekend??

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,037 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

Great buzz around town for the weekend but I never need to hear a brass band play Seven Nation Army ever again!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,449 ✭✭✭✭pwurple

That Jazz parade on Thursday night was epic. Really enjoyed the [font=arial, sans-serif]Dia de los Muertos theme they did. Bands and dancers the whole way down the street, with hearses with zombies crawling out of the coffins along the way. Absolutely fab. [/font]

[font=arial, sans-serif]We drifted around a bit, counihans, electric were both jammed, scrum to the bar kind of situation, with people dancing with pints in hand.  We then wandered into the Imperial, and upstairs they had this great setup, called the Jazz lounge. Never seen it before, but I'd be back next year if they do it again. They had converted the upstairs events room into a 20's style bar, with, low, covered tables with lamps on them, and the staff were doing drinks table service, dressed in kinda speak-easy outfits? The band on stage there played some laid back jazz. It was totally chilled out, cool and surprisingly very relaxing!  No entry fee or anything. Loved it! More of that kinda thing... The set list was a bit 'meh' for me, I like a little bit of the experimental stuff, this was more crowd pleasing, but as an evening out on the bank holiday, two thumbs up. [/font]

• Registered Users Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

I collected a family member from town on Saturday night at about 2am and it was like a scene out of the Walking Dead, people just aimlessly walking the streets trying to get cabs and that was before some of the late bars/clubs had finished up..

Its the busiest I've seen town in a single night out in years and I usually end up collecting herself from Xmas parties during Xmas week and the weekend just gone made those nights seem quiet.

Was in town on Sunday too for a bit of shopping/food and the place was pretty packed even by 2 or 3 pm, was great to see in fairness.

I'm off to London this weekend so didnt bother going out but I'd say it was a good night out if you managed to get home that is. :pac:

Advertisement