Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Getting charged twice per month

Options
  • 23-10-2018 11:52am
    Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭

Hi there, I moved house a few months ago and moved my eir services to new house. I was told i had to start a new contract and last contract would terminate. I did this through eir's "moving home" form . However since then I am paying twice per month, i would imagine i am still paying for my old contract as well as the new one. I took screenshot of my bank statement but the email support feature in eir is disabled. Chat is a terrible experience and ultimately couldn't help and just gave me link to their complaints department. Tried calling a few times but after waiting over 30 mins each time the call was just disconnected. Can anyone help me here please?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 375 ✭✭eir: Sarah

Hi there ,

I am sorry to hear this . Unfortunately if the old account hasn't been cancelled then you would need to speak with our moving house team on 1901 so they can ensure this is fully terminated and you are reimbursed.

Wait times can vary depending on how many calls are in queue but I can assure you your call will be answered in the order it is received.

Thanks,

Sarah

• Subscribers Posts: 689 ✭✭✭FlipperThePriest

Ring the moving home Dept: 1800 242 535 

I went through the exact same bull.. 4 bills of vastly different amounts in 5 weeks as well as bills to my new account. I spent over an hour trying to troubleshoot it with various reps on the phone. They told me it was something to do with a broken bundle. 

1901 is a disaster but you get far more done with Moving Home for some reason.

I went through my bank rather than waste any more time trying to deal with 1901. I canceled my direct debit, went in to the bank and filled out a direct debit refund form. I was reimbursed by my bank within 48 hours. I was then still receiving emails and texts that I owed x amount to Eir and to set up a direct debit. So I rang the number above and I think it's sorted now (I hope).

thread I started here: https://www.boards.ie/ttfthread/2057914015/1#post108170279

• Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭SSeanSS

zippy84 wrote: »

I went through the exact same bull.. 4 bills of vastly different amounts in 5 weeks as well as bills to my new account. I spent over an hour trying to troubleshoot it with various reps on the phone. They told me it was something to do with a broken bundle. 

I went through my bank rather than waste any more time trying to deal with 1901. I canceled my direct debit, went in to the bank and filled out a direct debit refund form. I was reimbursed by my bank within 48 hours. I was then still receiving emails and texts that I owed x amount to Eir and to set up a direct debit. So I rang the number above and I think it's sorted now (I hope).

thread I started here: https://www.boards.ie/ttfthread/2057914015/1#post108170279
    Thanks for that! That's what i'm going to do. there's no chance i will waste any more time dialing 1901

• Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭SSeanSS

i've been on hold for 42:26 and counting???? this is getting crazy, no wonder you got fed up and went to bank

• Closed Accounts Posts: 375 ✭✭eir: Sarah

I sincerely apologise but unfortnately we would not have access to cancel the old account from here I'm afraid.

Thanks,

Sarah

• Advertisement
  • Subscribers Posts: 689 ✭✭✭FlipperThePriest

SSeanSS wrote: »

i've been on hold for 42:26 and counting???? this is getting crazy, no wonder you got fed up and went to bank
    Yes, I couldn't deal with them any more. Just make sure and differentiate between the different accounts / direct debits and make a record of each payment for the old account if you need to go into the bank to refund each transaction... and close the direct debit on the old account. 

• Registered Users Posts: 28,566 ✭✭✭✭looksee

And if by chance the old account has been cancelled 1901 won't work anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,566 ✭✭✭✭looksee

And if by chance the old account has been cancelled 1901 won't work anyway.

Advertisement