Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Live at the Marquee Cork 2019

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,077 ✭✭✭Oasis1974

What about Roseanna?

Just saw that song on You Tube never knew it was them Toto that is :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,394 ✭✭✭ofcork

Hold the line is a great song.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,599 ✭✭✭RINO87

Epic live band Toto. Put on a hell of a show.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,800 ✭✭✭Tomtom364

MCD are really putting a challenge up to Aikien's live at the marquee.

George Ezra
    Coronas
    Hozier
    Walking on cars

So far announced over a week in June in Musgrave park.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,038 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

Tomtom364 wrote: »

George Ezra
    Coronas
    Hozier
    Walking on cars

Well next year is probably the last year of the marquee. MCD a hoping to fill that void, I guess.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,678 ✭✭✭TrustedApple

I have a real felling that the marquee this year is going to be a small tent as just look at the acts for Musgrave Park they are marquee acts.

When you think about it who even would be considered a mid size name for the marquee this year?.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,746 ✭✭✭BullBlackNova

I have a real felling that the marquee this year is going to be a small tent as just look at the acts for Musgrave Park they are marquee acts.

When you think about it who even would be considered a mid size name for the marquee this year?.

Marquee shows are already on sale for the 5,000-capacity tent it has been for years. Independent Park is 12,000 - Walking on Cars, etc have likely just outgrown Marquee-sized venues and need the bigger venue.

I won't be going to any of the Marquee shows announced yet but Versatile has already sold out 5,000 tickets and I'd imagine David Gray doing quite well too.

I've never heard of Tash Sultana and I dunno about Toto but doesn't Tommy Tiernan shift about 5,000 tickets there every year too?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,367 ✭✭✭Acosta

Tomtom364 wrote: »

George Ezra
    Coronas
    Hozier
    Walking on cars

I have a big problem with this as it much closer to my house than the tent. I'll be able to hear some of the worst music Irish PR companies have to offer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,555 ✭✭✭Roger Hassenforder

RINO87 wrote: »
    Epic live band Toto. Put on a hell of a show.

bj63xz.png

• Registered Users Posts: 1,107 ✭✭✭ConcertKing

Aslan with special guest Damien Dempsey on Saturday June 8th!

Jenny Greene And The RTE Orchestra on Friday June 28th.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 86,680 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

I'm thinking Snow Patrol also might do LATM

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    I'm thinking Snow Patrol also might do LATM

Could see them doing the Irish Independent Park depending on how well Malahide sells.

Stunned Picture This havent been announced for the Irish Independent Park either.Could see them do two night there!

It's all just schlager

Aslan with special guest Damien Dempsey on Saturday June 8th!

Jenny Greene And The RTE Orchestra on Friday June 28th.

Aslan will fill the Marquee there surely a pub band now.

Good ol Nathan carter back again.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,985 ✭✭✭mikeym

ofcork wrote: »
    Good ol Nathan carter back again.

Pub Singer.

• Registered Users Posts: 264 ✭✭Manning3000

Last week an event page from Aikens went up on Facebook for Villagers Live at the Marquee.
    Next morning it was changed to Villagers @ Iveagh Gardens few people asked the question which is it? but no answer.
    Be great if Villagers are to do the Marquee,

Last week an event page from Aikens went up on Facebook for Villagers Live at the Marquee.
    Next morning it was changed to Villagers @ Iveagh Gardens few people asked the question which is it? but no answer.
    Be great if Villagers are to do the Marquee,

Last time they played it was half empty some serious crap there getting.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,746 ✭✭✭BullBlackNova

Oasis1974 wrote: »
    Last time they played it was half empty some serious crap there getting.

Have Villagers ever done a headline show in the Marquee?

I was at the one in 2010 when they played with Midlake, Camera Obscura and Grizzly Bear. Was a small crowd but an excellent gig.

Tbf to Villagers, it's been 8 years (9 when the Marquee comes around) and they play big slots at times here - Metropolis Saturday headliner, Iveagh Gardens, decent festival slots. Album this year is a belter and I'd be delighted to see them live on it but I wouldn't have automatically said that LATM was the obvious slot for them.

The Academic announced for Thursday June 27th.

Must be the most underwhelming Live At The Marquee ever.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,473 ✭✭✭chalkitdown1

The Academic announced for Thursday June 27th.

Must be the most underwhelming Live At The Marquee ever.

Fret not! The Coronas and Picture This will surely be announcing a date there before long!

Fret not! The Coronas and Picture This will surely be announcing a date there before long!

Coronas are playing Irish Independent Park and I expect Picture This will be announced soon enough for there too!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,933 ✭✭✭smurgen

Coronas are playing Irish Independent Park and I expect Picture This will be announced soon enough for there too!

How ****ing boring.what a **** show the marquee has become.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,050 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

And Jenny Green and Co.
    I'm predicting Brendan Grace, too!

Tonight live jenny Greene doing feck all while an orchestra do their thing

Tonight live jenny Greene doing feck all while an orchestra do their thing

Seriously why do people go to this when they clearly have no interest In music? Why not just listen to a podcast instead.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,050 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

Acosta wrote: »
    Seriously why do people go to this when they clearly have no interest In music? Why not just listen to a podcast instead.
    Jenny caters for people who have no interest in music

I don't agree its great to hear classic dance tracks played live paul oakenfold has been doing the same thing too.

Once a dance act or rock band starts to lay down a load of strings on their music it usually means they have run out of ideas.

ofcork wrote: »
    I don't agree its great to hear classic dance tracks played live paul oakenfold has been doing the same thing too.

We all have tastes but I made the mistake of seeing this 2 years ago and it was the worst event I ever seen.No way would I call it a concert.

I might as well of been in my bedroom pressing play as Jenny does nothing but press a button.

Gemma Sugrue has a great voice but doesn't sing enough and the Orchestra are very talented alright.

€50 to see this event is an absolute joke!!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 828 ✭✭✭tototoe

Dunno about oakenfold, but this is a carbon copy of what pete tong has been doing. Jeff mills probably one of the first to do it but with his own music, and thats at least 10 years ago.. No idea what jenny greene is doing, not a whole pile by the looks of it
    Its a complete ripoff imo, both the idea and the cost and she is just there as a familiar radio name to go with it

Advertisement