Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Live at the Marquee Cork 2019

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,607 ✭✭✭snotboogie

Tonight live jenny Greene doing feck all while an orchestra do their thing

How is she able to tour the country in her spare time while on a six figure public service salary?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,038 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

snotboogie wrote: »
    How is she able to tour the country in her spare time while on a six figure public service salary?

You think someone's salary should be directly linked to the hours worked? How many hours do you think she should have to work?

(I have no idea what she earns or how many hours she works and wouldn't cross the road to see her perform - just thought it was a very odd comment to make)

• Registered Users Posts: 86,681 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Kris Kristofferson and The Strangers will take to the stage on 23rd of June

• Registered Users Posts: 3,985 ✭✭✭mikeym

We all have tastes but I made the mistake of seeing this 2 years ago and it was the worst event I ever seen.No way would I call it a concert.

I might as well of been in my bedroom pressing play as Jenny does nothing but press a button.

Gemma Sugrue has a great voice but doesn't sing enough and the Orchestra are very talented alright.

€50 to see this event is an absolute joke!!!

One Day featuring Gorgon City, Sonny Fodera and special guest Duke Dumont live for the biggest festival in Cork, Live at The Marquee, Saturday 22nd June 2019. Early bird tickets from €35.00 inclusive of booking fee, on sale this Friday

http://www.redfm.ie/news/entertainment/live-at-the-marquee-announces-one-day-festival/

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 875 ✭✭✭mean gene

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    One Day featuring Gorgon City, Sonny Fodera and special guest Duke Dumont live for the biggest festival in Cork, Live at The Marquee, Saturday 22nd June 2019. Early bird tickets from €35.00 inclusive of booking fee, on sale this Friday

http://www.redfm.ie/news/entertainment/live-at-the-marquee-announces-one-day-festival/

Rubbish

• Registered Users Posts: 6,166 ✭✭✭beer enigma

I see that Lauryn Hill and Liam Gallagher have both announced separate concerts in Musgrave Park in June

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,555 ✭✭✭Roger Hassenforder

I see that Lauryn Hill and Liam Gallagher have both announced separate concerts in Musgrave Park in June

https://twitter.com/liamgallagher/status/1095246129170665473?s=19

Comments are funny!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,077 ✭✭✭Oasis1974

Isn't there a 50% chance Lauryn Hill won't show up or be 10 hours late supposed to a bit tapped.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,089 ✭✭✭Dbu

Oasis1974 wrote: »
    Isn't there a 50% chance Lauryn Hill won't show up or be 10 hours late supposed to a bit tapped.

And loves Caucasians :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 843 ✭✭✭what the hell!

What are ticket sales like for the Marquee this year? Has anything sold out? Can't say that there's any major acts there this year. Or are they focusing on a different audience?

• Registered Users Posts: 35 mobitron

Dbu wrote: »
    And loves Caucasians :eek:

Urban myth. Similar false rumour was spread about Tommy Hilfiger.

https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/the-miselucidation-of-lauryn-hill/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,746 ✭✭✭BullBlackNova

What are ticket sales like for the Marquee this year? Has anything sold out? Can't say that there's any major acts there this year. Or are they focusing on a different audience?

Versatile has sold out on June 21 but that's it as far as I know.

Full listings so far:

June 8: Aslan
    June 14: Nathan Carter
    June 15: Toto
    June 21: Versatile [SOLD OUT]
    June 22: One Day Festival
    June 23: Kris Kristofferson & the Strangers
    June 27: The Academic
    June 28: Jenny Greene
    July 3: Tash Sultana
    July 4: Tommy Tiernan
    July 6: Christy Moore
    July 7: David Gray

It is a poor list IMO but I wouldn't say LATM is focusing on a different audience judging by this. Repeat acts - Christy Moore, Tommy Tiernan, Kris Kristofferson, Nathan Carter, Jenny Greene and Aslan have been there before, and David Gray, Toto and the Academic very much fit the bill of legacy acts and Irish chart acts. I don't know anything about Tash Sultana, so I don't know where she fits, and the Versatile thing is baffling but it is probably no coincidence that its the day that many Leaving Certs will be finishing up.

If the Coronas, Walking on Cars, Liam Gallagher and Hozier were added to that list (if the Independent Park gigs weren't happening and they were snapped up by Aiken, I mean), then it wouldn't look unusual in the context of most other years at LATM. There's nothing there that I'd be rushing out for but that's not unusual really.

The question now is whether or not they add another 4 or 5 to fill it out and, if so, who those would be in the absence of the Coronas, etc, or will it just be a slightly lighter schedule as the ones they'd normally go to are booked up elsewhere.

I dunno if Picture This are in Ireland this summer but it wouldn't be a surprise to see them added for 2 or 3 gigs really and I'd hope for one or two alternative rock/indie acts, but I'm not expecting it. There was also a rumour that Villagers were playing at LATM this year either before or after the Iveagh Gardens show but surely that would've been announced by now given the other Irish gigs he's playing.

Full listings so far:

Talk about "meh".

Talk about "meh".

Agreed. Nothing there I'd go to even if the tickets were being given out for free!

• Registered Users Posts: 21,050 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

Versatile has sold out on June 21 but that's it as far as I know.

Full listings so far:

It is a poor list IMO but I wouldn't say LATM is focusing on a different audience judging by this. Repeat acts - Christy Moore, Tommy Tiernan, Kris Kristofferson, Nathan Carter, Jenny Greene and Aslan have been there before, and David Gray, Toto and the Academic very much fit the bill of legacy acts and Irish chart acts. I don't know anything about Tash Sultana, so I don't know where she fits, and the Versatile thing is baffling but it is probably no coincidence that its the day that many Leaving Certs will be finishing up.

If the Coronas, Walking on Cars, Liam Gallagher and Hozier were added to that list (if the Independent Park gigs weren't happening and they were snapped up by Aiken, I mean), then it wouldn't look unusual in the context of most other years at LATM. There's nothing there that I'd be rushing out for but that's not unusual really.

The question now is whether or not they add another 4 or 5 to fill it out and, if so, who those would be in the absence of the Coronas, etc, or will it just be a slightly lighter schedule as the ones they'd normally go to are booked up elsewhere.

I dunno if Picture This are in Ireland this summer but it wouldn't be a surprise to see them added for 2 or 3 gigs really and I'd hope for one or two alternative rock/indie acts, but I'm not expecting it. There was also a rumour that Villagers were playing at LATM this year either before or after the Iveagh Gardens show but surely that would've been announced by now given the other Irish gigs he's playing.

That is bleak... Is jenny Greene the dj that plays songs and not much else?

Agreed. Nothing there I'd go to even if the tickets were being given out for free!

If they were playing in my back garden, i'd close the windows and draw the curtains

• Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 2,256 Mod ✭✭✭✭Nigel Fairservice

It's the worst LATM line up I can remember.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,793 ✭✭✭✭Eod100

• Registered Users Posts: 14,286 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

Ah here! BROS! This line up is abysmal....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

I think we've reached peak saturation for LATM.

I think they'll struggle with ticket sales this year more than any other.

There was an obscene amount of freebies floating around the last 2 years.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,793 ✭✭✭✭Eod100

GavRedKing wrote: »
    I think we've reached peak saturation for LATM.

I think they'll struggle with ticket sales this year more than any other.

There was an obscene amount of freebies floating around the last 2 years.

Looks like MCD has picked up a lot of acts you'd have expected to see at LATM, Coronas, Walking On Cars, Hozier etc. Know LATM has been sold but think they were hoping to have another few after this year before development on site.

If this was all they could muster for 2019, they may as well have called it off entirely. Dreadful stuff!

• Registered Users Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

If this was all they could muster for 2019, they may as well have called it off entirely. Dreadful stuff!

Ya, theres usually one or two I'd consider going to but theres nothing down there interesting or hasnt been there before multiple times.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,931 ✭✭✭Cherry_Cola

Meanwhile the refurbed Cypress Ave bringing in more interesting acts which is great to see! Less Than Jake in Cork :D

leahyl wrote: »
    Ah here! BROS! This line up is abysmal....

They be trolling at this stage

• Registered Users Posts: 2,367 ✭✭✭Acosta

Meanwhile the refurbed Cypress Ave bringing in more interesting acts which is great to see! Less Than Jake in Cork :D

They did a great job on it

Don't forget Picture This!

I do not think they are playing Cork at all this year, they kinda hinted at a big Cork show next year so maybe PUC or IP

• Registered Users Posts: 5,896 ✭✭✭Rfrip

First time in a long time not going to any marquee gig this year. Line up is actually laughable now with the bros addition tbh

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 875 ✭✭✭mean gene

All the gigs in that egg chasing ground in the hane be perfect for the marquee -ya the marquee is pathetic this year

Advertisement