Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Live at the Marquee Cork 2019

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,599 ✭✭✭RINO87

• Registered Users Posts: 1,473 ✭✭✭chalkitdown1

Oh shít!

Looks I WILL be going to Live At The Marquee this year after all. :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 86,681 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

On 29th June join some of Ireland’s best loved country stars as they perform many of the greatest country songs ever written, for one special night, Live at the Marquee Cork. This is country music as you have never heard it before – the songs you know and love performed by the spectacular 50-piece RTConcert Orchestra conducted by Gavin Murphy.

Michael English, Lisa McHugh, Robert Mizzell, Philomena Begley, Ray Lynam, Patrick Feeney and Roly Daniels will come together with the RTE Concert Orchestra to perform many of their individual hits and #1 songs, as well as surprise duets of some the greatest country songs ever written.

Rhinestone Cowboy, He Stopped Loving Her Today, 9-5, Blanket on The Ground, Ring Of Fire and The Gambler are just a taste of what’s in store.

Between them, these stars of Country Roads have scored numerous # 1 records, sold out venues all over the country and won scores of awards and accolades. Don’t miss what promises to be an unforgettable night for country music fans, when they come together to perform live accompanied by the magic and majesty of this 50 piece orchestra.

MC for the evening will be Risin’ Time, RTRadio One presenter Shay Byrne

Expected to be one of the highlights of Live At The Marquee Cork 2019 early booking is strongly advised.

Tickets from €40 go on sale Monday 11th March at 9am and will be available from:

All usual Ticketmaster outlets Nationwide

:rolleyes:

I'm hoping for Lewis Capaldi

• Registered Users Posts: 454 ✭✭Richmond Ultra

He's playing warm up for walking on cars in Musgrave. I doubt he'd do another gig in Cork.

• Advertisement

He's playing warm up for walking on cars in Musgrave. I doubt he'd do another gig in Cork.

Really I didn't know he is their support act

• Registered Users Posts: 198 ✭✭Slipperydodger

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Really I didn't know he is their support act
    Yes and Tom Walker, Should be a good gig!

ofcork wrote: »
    Thought peter aiken said they were going somewhere else for 2019.

So is the same location as usual, down by PUC?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,442 ✭✭✭goochy

i am going to Aslan on Sat night - says gates open 6.30 and show starts 8 pm - asume this means Damien Dempsey will be on at 8 ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,550 ✭✭✭curly from cork

Aslan on at 9 anyway

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,077 ✭✭✭Oasis1974

Aslan concert just finished awful ****e.... Refund being requested.

• Registered Users Posts: 843 ✭✭✭what the hell!

Oasis1974 wrote: »

Already?? What time did they start? I thought support would be at 8.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,599 ✭✭✭ScrubsfanChris

You see, that was the first mistake :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,985 ✭✭✭mikeym

How much were the tickets and what time did they start?

Should have gone to Durrow when they played in the pub there awful ****e.....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,107 ✭✭✭ConcertKing

Obviously a windup.

Aslan were on at 9 and finished bout 10.40.

Christy is some man and they put on a great show!

First time seeing Damien Dempsey who I couldn't believe was supporting them and he was brilliant!A really talented performer and would definitely pay to see him again!

Damien was on around 7.30 for just over an hour.

All in all great night!

Must say Toto were awesome Saturday night and seeing 'Africa' live was unbelieveable!Such a brilliant song!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,042 ✭✭✭SouthernBelle

Must say Toto were awesome Saturday night and seeing 'Africa' live was unbelieveable!Such a brilliant song!

An amazing bunch of musicians. The sound was fantastic.

An amazing bunch of musicians. The sound was fantastic.

Such a polished outfit and loved the instrumentals and jamming!!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,007 ✭✭✭opus

Really enjoyed it as well, wasn't sure what to expect beforehand as didn't know that much of their music. Biggest surprise for me was that "Human Nature" is one of their songs.

• Advertisement

Bros cancel Live at the Marquee gig on Wednesday June 26th over "transport/ logistical issues" a.k.a. poor ticket sales.

Knew when ticket sales were pulled from Ticketmaster over the weekend that it was looking bad.

Still a balls as I was really looking forward to it. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 11,793 ✭✭✭✭Eod100

Bros cancel Live at the Marquee gig on Wednesday June 26th over "transport/ logistical issues" a.k.a. poor ticket sales.

Knew when ticket sales were pulled from Ticketmaster over the weekend that it was looking bad.

Hard to see it as anything but that when Belfast gig going ahead. Hopefully anyone travelling from outside Cork can get refunds on travel , accommodation etc. Pretty poor form to leave it this late. Ticket sales were hardly going to massively improve over few weeks say

Eod100 wrote: »
    Hard to see it as anything but that when Belfast gig going ahead. Hopefully anyone travelling from outside Cork can get refunds on travel , accommodation etc. Pretty poor form to leave it this late. Ticket sales were hardly going to massively improve over few weeks say

Guess people will have to make do with Lauryn Hill now at the Irish Independent Park or Matt Corby at the Cork Opera House.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,894 ✭✭✭kooga

That’s disappointing! Was looking forward to strolling down on Wednesday evening after work !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,555 ✭✭✭Roger Hassenforder

How much were tickets?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,042 ✭✭✭SouthernBelle

Could they not have come up with a better excuse? :rolleyes:

Maybe their van broke down:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,555 ✭✭✭Roger Hassenforder

They'll never get famous at this rate

• Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭hibsman

Anyone know what atmosphere around Albert Quay is like this year with Idle Hour and Sextant closed? Was always a good spot for a good of drinks before a gig. Do they still have the food stalls and outdoor bar by Goldbergs?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,793 ✭✭✭✭Eod100

hibsman wrote: »
    Anyone know what atmosphere around Albert Quay is like this year with Idle Hour and Sextant closed? Was always a good spot for a good of drinks before a gig. Do they still have the food stalls and outdoor bar by Goldbergs?

Think the Idle is still open? I'd say Goldberg's would for the crowds but haven't been down to a gig yet this summer

Advertisement