Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Live at the Marquee Cork 2019

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,894 ✭✭✭kooga

idle is still open.

goldbergs has all the stalls outside- good buzz there pre marquee

• Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭hibsman

Cheers for the reply. Didnt realise Idle Hour was still open, presumed it had closed due to the development beside it. Heading to Jenny Greene tonight so will head for that area beforehand. Haven't seen her before but heard good reports from her previous gigs. Overall line up seems fairly similar to previous years but Musgrave Park gigs have added a decent variety in fairness.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,894 ✭✭✭kooga

hibsman wrote: »
    Cheers for the reply. Didnt realise Idle Hour was still open, presumed it had closed due to the development beside it. Heading to Jenny Greene tonight so will head for that area beforehand. Haven't seen her before but heard good reports from her previous gigs. Overall line up seems fairly similar to previous years but Musgrave Park gigs have added a decent variety in fairness.

jenny is a great gig - saw her two years ago - enjoy the Night

• Registered Users Posts: 5,787 ✭✭✭Zardoz

Could they not have come up with a better excuse? :rolleyes:

They seem to have a fairly inflated opinion of themselves .
    They are playing a gig this weekend in the O2 Brixton and the cheapest tickets are a ludicrous £107 .
    Bros had like 2 or 3 hits over 30 years ago ,yet the boys think they can command top dollar.
    Crazy

• Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 2,256 Mod ✭✭✭✭Nigel Fairservice

Do the food places accept card or is it cash only does anyone know?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,555 ✭✭✭Roger Hassenforder

Anyone at Lauryn Hill?
    Was it as bad as claimed?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,800 ✭✭✭CHealy

Anyone at Lauryn Hill?
    Was it as bad as claimed?

Lauryn Hill was at Musgrave Park, and apparently she only done 10 songs and kept giving out to the sound guys. By far the quietest of the 6 concerts aswell, only 3 thousand tickets sold from 12000.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,050 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

CHealy wrote: »
    Lauryn Hill was at Musgrave Park, and apparently she only done 10 songs and kept giving out to the sound guys. By far the quietest of the 6 concerts aswell, only 3 thousand tickets sold from 12000.

That's the behaviour of an artist that doesn't gig enough

• Registered Users Posts: 1,089 ✭✭✭Dbu

Luaryn Hill was almost full. 70,000 people attended 6 gigs. 12,000 was a full house per night

Dbu wrote: »
    Luaryn Hill was almost full. 70,000 people attended 6 gigs. 12,000 was a full house per night

Lauryn Hill sold 3 thousand tickets, the rest were given out as comps when MCD realised it wasnt going to sell out. And it still wasnt anywhere near full.

• Advertisement

Lauryn Hill sold 3 thousand tickets, the rest were given out as comps when MCD realised it wasnt going to sell out. And it still wasnt anywhere near full.

Wow 7,000 comps, didnt realise that

I havnt a clue how many comps there were, but I know only around 3000 tickets were sold as a fact, so make of that what you will.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,029 ✭✭✭SusieBlue

My sister goes to school in that area and teachers were handing out complimentary tickets to parents at home time the day of the concert, they had been dropped in by a rep earlier that day.

Also heard reports they were allowing passersby in for free with no tickets, in an effort to fill the place. Crazy stuff altogether!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,394 ✭✭✭ofcork

I suppose she wouldn't be well known enough apart from her fugees stuff Id only know a couple of her solo songs.

I havnt a clue how many comps there were, but I know only around 3000 tickets were sold as a fact, so make of that what you will.

As I said, I didnt realise that. Cool the jets

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,555 ✭✭✭Roger Hassenforder

SusieBlue wrote: »
    My sister goes to school in that area and teachers were handing out complimentary tickets to parents at home time the day of the concert, they had been dropped in by a rep earlier that day.

Also heard reports they were allowing passersby in for free with no tickets, in an effort to fill the place. Crazy stuff altogether!

Wouldnt have gone with a comp. You'd be sick after buying your ticket to see the place full of freeloaders and her giving out for 50mins

• Registered Users Posts: 2,599 ✭✭✭RINO87

That's the behaviour of an artist that doesn't gig enough

Spent most of her set at Glastonbury giving out stink to the poor chap doing the monitor mix at the side of the stage too.... Her Glasto set was awful, from looking at it on tv, I wasn't there obvs.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,107 ✭✭✭ConcertKing

Still can't believe Tommy Tiernan used the exact same joke at last years show to finish this years show.Definitely wasn't near as funny as last years show overall.

• Registered Users Posts: 86,674 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Still can't believe Tommy Tiernan used the exact same joke at last years show to finish this years show.Definitely wasn't near as funny as last years show overall.

Did he near fill the place with his two shows?

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Did he near fill the place with his two shows?

Yep!Thursday night was soldout and there was only a handful left for last nights show.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,985 ✭✭✭mikeym

I was at Tommy Tiernans Friday show and the 2nd half was ruined because of the obnoxious person sitting behind me stomping everytime he laughed out loud.

Im never going back to the Marquee to see a comedian again after that :mad:

Didn't know what to expect from David Grays gig tonight but he was absolutely sensational and upthere with any concert at this venue I have ever seen and actually any concert I have ever been too.

Had the crowd eating out of the palm of his hand!

Bloody brilliant he was!!!

• Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 2,256 Mod ✭✭✭✭Nigel Fairservice

David Gray was excellent tonight. He even Dad danced around the stage for the last minute or two of Please Forgive Me. My only gripe was that he didn't play Fugitive!

• Registered Users Posts: 12 Polka King of_the Midwest

What's the story with the on site parking at the Marquee? I could not find any site to prebook the parking. Is it on a first come first served basis?

What's the story with the on site parking at the Marquee? I could not find any site to prebook the parking. Is it on a first come first served basis?

No prebooking.You mooch in the entrance and pay a €5 and it is first come first served alright.If the carpark is full by the time you get there people park on the kerbs and grass along the roads on the way in.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,860 ✭✭✭Ragnar Lothbrok

My first time seeing Aslan live and I absolutely loved them. Enjoyed it so much, that we have already booked a night in Killarney to see them again at the October weekend.

We also got comps to see Tash Sultana. Never heard of her before and didn't bother to look her up on youtube. Credit where it's due, she's very talented, running about on stage playing a load of different instruments, but we had to leave after about 20 minutes as the "music" was making us feel physically ill :D God, that stuff is awful.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,077 ✭✭✭Oasis1974

My first time seeing Aslan live and I absolutely loved them. Enjoyed it so much, that we have already booked a night in Killarney to see them again at the October weekend.

We also got comps to see Tash Sultana. Never heard of her before and didn't bother to look her up on youtube. Credit where it's due, she's very talented, running about on stage playing a load of different instruments, but we had to leave after about 20 minutes as the "music" was making us feel physically ill :D God, that stuff is awful.

Funny band they play in the Marquee one night then they wouldn't be noticed busking on the street must have a cult following.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,007 ✭✭✭opus

David Gray was excellent tonight. He even Dad danced around the stage for the last minute or two of Please Forgive Me. My only gripe was that he didn't play Fugitive!

Yup very good for sure. Liked the way he gave a call out in memory of Nancy Spains. Here's the set list btw.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,473 ✭✭✭chalkitdown1

Hall and Oates were fantastic last night. That encore was epic. Banger after banger.

Though Daryl seemed to have some issues with his earpiece or something? He was gesturing to a guy off stage a lot.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭MarkoF

Did any body catch the name of the support act at the the Hall & Oates gig?

Mark

Advertisement