Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nursing bras and clothes

• 23-10-2018 12:45pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,736 ✭✭✭✭

Hiya. Just looking for recommendations of where in Dublin to get decent nursing bras and clothes around the Jervis area.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,325 ✭✭✭Eviledna

I'd recommend Debenhams for nursing bras, they are excellent quality and last well. H&M are great for nursing tops - but after a while you might find that simply wearing two vests underneath your usual top will do the trick (lift one above and one below the jubblies) and saves money. Vero Moda vests are great for this.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,914 Mod ✭✭✭✭shesty

I find M&S do very comfy nursing bras.Used H&M nursing/maternity string tops under normal tops.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,514 ✭✭✭bee06

I just used a normal string top I could pull down under my regular top. Any of the nursing tops I bought wreaked my head.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,657 ✭✭✭Milly33

Just incase, great advice I got before wasting money buying nursing bras was to just get bra extendars for the time being until you know as such the milk comes in. I was going to buy them but the thought of going shopping for them wrecked my head. So just waited.. In the end i went to Debanams, tried on lots but found realisticly that the more expensive ones compared to the cheaper ones made no differance support wise.. Picked up a two pack of ones and was glad i didnt spend lots of money on them as well the milk never came in fully so bf for maybe 2 months.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,962 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

If you are large busted then have a look in Change,they have the best and underwired maternity bras. The M and S ones are only ok ,the mother care ones are fine. I found if you wore them and a crop top over them they were all fine.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 256 ✭✭Crybabygeeks

My experience of this was wait until milk and boobs settle, then go into arnotts and get measured. I got the best bra there.. money well spent!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,736 ✭✭✭✭kylith

Moonbeam wrote: »
    If you are large busted then have a look in Change,they have the best and underwired maternity bras. The M and S ones are only ok ,the mother care ones are fine. I found if you wore them and a crop top over them they were all fine.

Where is Change? I'm pretty large busted to start with.

Little One is almost two weeks now and the milk is definitely in. I can't fit into my regular bras anymore so I reckon the time has come.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,091 ✭✭✭catrionanic

Kylith, I usually buy a crop top style bras for the first few weeks, as your size will change until the milk stabilises. This time, I got some lovely soft ones in M&S. Then, from six weeks on, go and get measured and buy a few proper bras to wear for the months ahead.

There's a lot of scepticism about high street shops not measuring correctly for nursing bras, though. There's a website called boob or bust with more info on proper measurements when you are nursing. Not sure how much truth there is to it, but many women swear by it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,635 ✭✭✭✭fits

I went to a small shop in kilkenny that don’t measure but try them on. Ended up with hot milk bras which I like a lot. I recommend the shop. Belle femme lingerie. They know their stuff.

Advertisement