Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Clonmel new band

• 23-10-2018 1:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6

Hi There

Is anyone living around Clonmel interested in getting together once a week to play a few tunes, just for a bit of fun mostly and possibly doing a few local gigs way down the line.

I have a nice place to practice in town, looking for easy going people, no age limits,
    I play acoustic guitar and sing(rock,irish ballads, folk etc), would be interested to hear from banjo players, bassist's, guitarists, female lead\backing singer's, bodhrán/cathain/bongo players,

cheers
    F.
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6 FMC42

.....oh yeah I left out whistle players...also welcome

• Registered Users Posts: 26 Pluto1982

hi how it going Paul’s the name. I’m Limerick based I pass through Clonmel every now and again.

Would you be interested in meeting halfway somewhere in Tipp Town to have a bit of a jam if so give me a shout. I’m a Guitarist mid Thirties

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,292 ✭✭✭SouthTippBass

Hi, bass player here in Clonmel. I might be interested, pending more details. Have you any examples of songs you want to do?

Hi Paul, nice to hear from you, i'll see if we can get the numbers and come back to you, we wouldn't have a place to meet in tipp town though.
    cheers

howdy, I play 60, 70's music and irish ballads mostyly but am interested in all music, what do you play yourself? sure keep an eye on the post, we'll see if we get some numbers.
    cheers
    F.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26 Pluto1982

no Bother, I do pass through Clonmel from time to time. I’m a Guitarist play Rock mainly. I’d be looking at a Dropkick Murphys/ Early pouges style band my self..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,292 ✭✭✭SouthTippBass

Great, I was in rock bands and blues bands before, would love to try some country. Willie, Waylon, Cash ect. Up for most stuff, can do 60s, 70s, never tried the Irish ballads though.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hWXysUqdkkA

Theres a video myself and a friend made a while ago so you can see where Im at, (I play drums as well)

Will

Heya, I just seen this, that is really excellent, very professional and very tight playing, a real musician! my style is a bit rougher around the edges, I will try and post something of my own and send it to you.
    Cheers
    F.

Advertisement