Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Veneer suppliers?

Options
  • 23-10-2018 1:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,504 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

Wondering if you might be able to help. I'm looking for veneer suppliers in Ireland. Been looking at some in the UK but postage was coming out more than the cost of the veneer I wanted!! This area of woodworking is relatively new to me but I've been making vintage car dashboard blanks and have been asked on occasion if I could carry out the veneering. Doesnt have to be anything too exotic; teak, long grain walnut etc, either traditional veneer or PSA. The dashboards are only about 7/8" wide and shorter than 4' so I wouldnt be dealing with big quantities.

Cheers.

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 5,094 Mod ✭✭✭✭kadman

Get someone to rip thin veneers of your choice for you on a bandsaw.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,407 ✭✭✭dathi

https://maru-wood-veneers.myshopify.com/

these lads are in cork have bought veneer of them before

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 5,094 Mod ✭✭✭✭kadman

dathi wrote: »
    https://maru-wood-veneers.myshopify.com/

these lads are in cork have bought veneer of them before

Looks like an excellent source for veneers, and very reasonable too. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,989 ✭✭✭tabby aspreme

If you want Amboyna burr I have some

• Registered Users Posts: 2,804 ✭✭✭recipio

This online company www.oakdalecrafts.co.uk are pretty good with reasonable prices. They are rolled up nicely so no need to unpack them until needed. I see one veneer company in Cork but the prices are through the roof.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,504 ✭✭✭SpitfireIV

Thanks so much for the suggestions guys! Very helpful :)

tabby, I'll keep that in mind, cheers.

Advertisement