Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

First time buyers Galway

Options
  • 23-10-2018 1:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭

Hey I was looking for a thread for first time buyers in Galway couldn't find one so said I would set this up.

How's everyone finding the housing market in Galway is it starting to spiral out of control like dublin?

Any advice on up and coming areas in the county worth looking at?

Any experiences you found while house hunting?

Cheers

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 320 ✭✭WillieMason

Hey I was looking for a thread for first time buyers in Galway couldn't find one so said I would set this up.

How's everyone finding the housing market in Galway is it starting to spiral out of control like dublin?

Cheers

No value for money in Galway

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭Honestfrank01

No value for money in Galway

In the city like or out in the county?? I understand prices are crazy in town

• Site Banned Posts: 5 morcombe_wise

Cheers

the market outside the city has hit a limit , almost nothing is making above 300 k bar in posh rural parts like kinvarra or maree , i dont count anything west of the city

countless houses available for a little along with 200k if you are prepared to go in any direction east of the city and i dont mean anywhere close to ballinasloe

Cheers

Some cheap houses in Tuam atm

Some cheap houses in Tuam atm

Very interesting to see I understand that tuam may have its good and bad areas like every where else but it seems to be picking up out there with news of new sports facilities and shops planned to be built in the area (bigger aldi or lidl)

• Advertisement

Very interesting to see I understand that tuam may have its good and bad areas like every where else but it seems to be picking up out there with news of new sports facilities and shops planned to be built in the area (bigger aldi or lidl)

It has been confirmed that Tesco want to establish a store in Tuam on a 15 acre site on the fringe of the town on the Milltown Road. Also just a 30 min drive from Galway so handy commute

It has been confirmed that Tesco want to establish a store in Tuam on a 15 acre site on the fringe of the town on the Milltown Road. Also just a 30 min drive from Galway so handy commute

It's been confirmed by Tesco or by some local politicians name dropping in the local paper?

If its the first, happy days!

If its the second, it means little

I heard the social housing plan to build 30 houses on headford Road is causing a bit of a stir dunno why

• Registered Users Posts: 825 ✭✭✭LFC Murphy

What ever happened to Aldi in Tuam?

LFC Murphy wrote:
    What ever happened to Aldi in Tuam?

I heard they got the go ahead as they were applying for a alcohol sales licence which they got

• Advertisement

I heard they got the go ahead as they were applying for a alcohol sales licence which they got

You hear a lot of things.

You hear a lot of things.

I know right? It's amazing what you hear when ya listen

• Registered Users Posts: 825 ✭✭✭LFC Murphy

Its lidl that got that licence

https://connachttribune.ie/court-approves-alcohol-licence-for-new-tuam-supermarket-661/

Aldi got PP up beside Tuam Celtic around 3 or 4 years ago and even the site was cleared.

Advertisement