Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Download Festival 2019

Options
  • 23-10-2018 2:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭

Headliners and other acts just announced:

Headliners
    Def Leppard
    Tool
    Slipknot

Other acts
    Slash ft Myles Kennedy and The Conspirators
    Rob Zombie
    Whitesnake
    Trivium
    Die Antwoord
    Amon Amarth
    Carcass
    Delain
    Me first and the gimme gimmes
    Opeth
    Power Trip
    Reel Big Fish
    Skindred
    Starset
    Tesla
    The Amity Affliction
    Underoath

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,053 ✭✭✭D.Q

Hope Die Antwoord pop over here

• Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭aj89

Saw them back in 2013.... Great gig!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,933 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

D.Q wrote: »
    Hope Die Antwoord pop over here

I'd be all over it if they did, wifey loves 'em too

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,097 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Tool, YES!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,074 ✭✭✭LoughNeagh2017

I've never been before, I wonder if it would be too much hassle going on a day ticket, with buses, etc.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,892 ✭✭✭grimm2005

I've never been before, I wonder if it would be too much hassle going on a day ticket, with buses, etc.

You'd need to stay overnight but it would be a very easy one to do. The airport is about 5 - 10 minutes away in a taxi from the festival site (you can walk it in about 25 minutes, probably less without camping gear) and there's morning and evening flights to/from Dublin. Fly in early Sunday, have the whole day at the fest, head back to an airport hotel and get up the next morning for the early flight home.

Edit: Just looking at airport hotel rates during the festival and they are all over €200 for 1 night! As the flight is at 6:30am Monday morning you'd probably be better off just hanging about the airport after the gig!

• Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭aj89

I went just for the Sat in 2015. After Muse, slowly made our way out of the arena and walked to the airport. The airport closes so we sat around in departures for about 4hrs (plenty of others had done the same), long enough wait but saved spending €80 for hotel for a few hours!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,053 ✭✭✭D.Q

Download is a strange one for me.

Always has great bands/people etc have had some really great weekends there.

But I think the layout is very frustrating. Always seems to be a trek to the main arena, hard to navigate once in there. The foot traffic is always going the same direction or something, so the ground cuts up really bad.

Take EP as a comparison, because of the site layout, you very rarely have all of the festival crowd trudging the same way. There's different entrances and routes around the site. At Download, the campsites empty through the village and down the hill in the main arena.

If it rains, the site is absolutely ruined. 

The options for after the bands finish are fairly disgraceful as well. The same rock radio DJs playing cheesy tunes isn't good enough for what you're paying.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,074 ✭✭✭LoughNeagh2017

grimm2005 wrote: »
    You'd need to stay overnight but it would be a very easy one to do. The airport is about 5 - 10 minutes away in a taxi from the festival site (you can walk it in about 25 minutes, probably less without camping gear) and there's morning and evening flights to/from Dublin. Fly in early Sunday, have the whole day at the fest, head back to an airport hotel and get up the next morning for the early flight home.

Edit: Just looking at airport hotel rates during the festival and they are all over €200 for 1 night! As the flight is at 6:30am Monday morning you'd probably be better off just hanging about the airport after the gig!

I will have to look into it, it is saturday I am interested in, I would definitely need some sleep as from past experiences going through the whole airport business with no sleep is a nightmare, I think it is because of my anxiety problems, I get freezing cold and start to shiver with no sleep.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,376 ✭✭✭Wrongway1985

I will have to look into it, it is saturday I am interested in, I would definitely need some sleep as from past experiences going through the whole airport business with no sleep is a nightmare, I think it is because of my anxiety problems, I get freezing cold and start to shiver with no sleep.
    Camping an option for day ticket holders at Graspop if that tickled yer fancy.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2 rumble_rabbi

unbelievable festival.. best i was ever at .. way more layed back than ireland .. TOOL were the band of the weekend for me

Advertisement