Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

First time buyer status

• 23-10-2018 3:06pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,055 ✭✭✭

I'm hoping someone can help clear this us for me or at least point me at some info that I can research to clear it up.

Years ago I inherited a property along with my sister from our grandmother, it was mortgaged so it needed to be sold to settle the mortgage so while probate was being resolved the house was technically in our name.

Following all this I never actually bought a property and I am looking to buy one now with my other half and she is worried that we do not qualify because I technically owned the house.

Any ideas?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,256 ✭✭✭Trish56

As you never purchased a property or had a mortgage you are a first time buyer.

Best of luck

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,055 ✭✭✭Dara Robinson

Thats what I suspected, Thanks Trish :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Tazzie2011

Hi There,

Just got loan offer today. It's been a long 9months!! After being turned down by two different banks we got approved on a third go through a mortgage broker. Don't give up lads its a long and bumpy road but its worth it.

Good Luck to everyone with their applications and thanks for the support!!

Advertisement