Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

2018-19 FA CUP

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,574 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

Sterling not given the goal, even though it 100% was not 100% over the line. Weird

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

I think the league cup has overtaken the fa cup in terms of interest for me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Shows again the lack of competitiveness in the Premier League when a mid-tier side can be brushed aside as if they were from a division below.

Not that this phenomenon is unique to England. The events in the Bundesliga earlier confirm all five top leagues were won by sides retaining their titles, the first time that's ever happened.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,620 ✭✭✭eigrod

Shows again the lack of competitiveness in the Premier League when a mid-tier side can be brushed aside as if they were from a division below.

Not that this phenomenon is unique to England. The events in the Bundesliga earlier confirm all five top leagues were won by sides retaining their titles, the first time that's ever happened.

The PL will soon become like the FA Cup. A European League is just a matter of time. Particularly as FFP is clearly failing and some clubs are riding a horse & carriage through it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,248 ✭✭✭✭BoJack Horseman

Watching these financial-dopers is tedious.

Winning is easy when money is infinite & the rules don't apply

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,349 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Win the FA Cup, banging on about Mo Salah while clutching a plastic flag.

https://twitter.com/RobHarris/status/1129812241040248837?s=19

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,416 ✭✭✭Wrongway1985

ERG89 wrote: »
    I doubt Troy Deeney gave a mouthy interview after this game tho.

Watched his interview on the beeb news yesterday he quoted along the lines of they werent going to be showing up and bet 4 or 5...he was right 6 it was :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,248 ✭✭✭✭BoJack Horseman

https://twitter.com/RobHarris/status/1129812241040248837?s=19

When the Citeh owner's oil & slave-trade money dries up they won't need to worry about gracing the back pages

eigrod wrote: »
    The PL will soon become like the FA Cup. A European League is just a matter of time. Particularly as FFP is clearly failing and some clubs are riding a horse & carriage through it.

I agree take Liverpool out of the equation and the league is dirt.

I'm not too critical of England you only have to look at the European finals. You would have to say domestically it's stunning to see all of the top 5 European football nations, the former champions all retaining their titles.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,861 ✭✭✭Mr.H

Tgey have a small club mentality. They cant stop singing about liverpool. Every single game ffs. I mean your team is winning mote trophies. Why not sing about that?

Sad

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,419 ✭✭✭.G.

RasTa wrote: »
    Well walking around Piccadilly gardens there you wouldn't have a clue there was a team from Manchester in or had won the final

Given the absolute state of the league winning celebration I'm not surprised.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

Kinda astonished it wasn't something very racist. At least I don't think any of the words he chewed & spat out were racist.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,725 ✭✭✭✭blueser

Lots of hatred on here, I see. I'll leave it to you lads. Have a nice evening. Goodbye.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,057 ✭✭✭UrbanFret

blueser wrote: »
    Lots of hatred on here, I see. I'll leave it to you lads. Have a nice evening. Goodbye.

Bitterness more like. You can taste the salt.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,727 ✭✭✭✭thebaz

I agree take Liverpool out of the equation and the league is dirt.

hardly dirt - with 4 different teams in European final - ther are a lot of poor mid to bottom of the table teams , like Burnley , who drag it down -

Todays final was very poor , as Watford really pushed above ther weight , Wolves would have given City a much better game , I switched over to watch the rugby on FA cup final day.

PS . as a neutral the Championship play-of games were all much more exciting than what was offered up today

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,049 ✭✭✭✭niallo27

UrbanFret wrote: »
    Bitterness more like. You can taste the salt.

I dont think its bitterness in fairness, city are still city for me no matter how much they win.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

.G. wrote: »
    Given the absolute state of the league winning celebration I'm not surprised.

They are having the trophy parade on Monday for some reason when everybody is back in work.

It is the Great Northern Run tomorrow so will be busy, expect more comedy from City on Monday.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,057 ✭✭✭UrbanFret

They are having the trophy parade on Monday for some reason when everybody is back in work.

It is the Great Northern Run tomorrow so will be busy, expect more comedy from City on Monday.

In fairness Liverpool could have a parade any day as nobody's in work anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,440 ✭✭✭SM01

UrbanFret wrote: »

In fairness Liverpool could have a parade any day as nobody's in work anyway.

Jaysus, the state of this.

SM01 wrote: »
    Jaysus, the state of this.

No point engaging with Tories & S*n readers, so best ignore it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,005 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

You had a superb side City vs... Watford, the result was never in doubt, the only thing which was, was the score line. I in fact would say 4-0 probably flattered Watford. Credit to City, not many in fact not any teams in the history of the competition can drop four nailed on regular starters including their two best players and hammer the opposition, 4-0, no matter who the opposition are. Pep is some man to be fair.

What you on about, this is as bad as the City lad.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,755 ✭✭✭giveitholly

Strumms wrote: »
    You had a superb side City vs... Watford, the result was never in doubt, the only thing which was, was the score line. I in fact would say 4-0 probably flattered Watford. Credit to City, not many in fact not any teams in the history of the competition can drop four nailed on regular starters including their two best players and hammer the opposition, 4-0, no matter who the opposition are. Pep is some man to be fair.

It was actually 6

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,328 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

Shhh don't tell him the Liverpool has a lower unemployment percentage than Manchester

It was actually 6
    :D
    Sorry, brain fart, cooking and posting be dangerous

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,239 ✭✭✭Jimbob1977

I know it's against UEFA rules.... but the FA Cup should get the 4th Champions League spot.

That would breathe life back into the FA Cup.

At the moment, it's akin to the League Cup.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,565 ✭✭✭✭yabadabado

Seems some Pool fans are obsessed with all things Manchester.

yabadabado wrote: »

Says the fella with a long history of talking about and commenting on Liverpool FC...

You not out celebrating the treble then? Been a City fan for the last 4 months so a treble surely deserves a night on the town?

• Advertisement

Says the fella with a long history of talking about and commenting on Liverpool FC...

Are you confusing me with some other poster you are stalking?

Jimbob1977 wrote: »
    I know it's against UEFA rules.... but the FA Cup should get the 4th Champions League spot.

At the moment, it's akin to the League Cup.

No chance, a team could get lucky and face teams from lower leagues the whole way through to the final against a team who has won 20 PL games. Will never work

Jimbob1977 wrote: »

I can see where you are coming from but I’d probably disagree a bit. The FACup, a knockout competition, where upset and unfancied winners in one off games are a tradition.. Portsmouth and Wigan Athletic winning in the last 20 years are good examples of teams who if put in the champions league would make likely cannon fodder for the likes of..well most or ALL of the European Elite...

They’d be teams in the lower half of the league whom by virtue of a great cup run domestically are rewarded with elite status and the benefits of champions league, thus devaluing the competition . Not for me, they still get into Europe but the Elite champions league is a step to far.

You not out celebrating the treble then? Been a City fan for the last 4 months so a treble surely deserves a night on the town?

Oh you are so edgy :o:o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,490 ✭✭✭✭lawred2

is there anything more tedious than a telly clapper denouncing another telly clapper's credentials as a telly clapper?

Are you confusing me with some other poster you are stalking?

Pretty weak attempt to deflect there with the stalking comment. You really do love going on and on about Liverpool and their support and then come out with this shìte about obsession...

• Advertisement

lawred2 wrote: »
    is there anything more tedious than a telly clapper denouncing another telly clapper's credentials as a telly clapper?

I have no idea what a telly clapper is.

lol only on an Irish message board in the soccer section would you see someone mentioning the employment % between Manchester and Liverpool

Pretty weak attempt to deflect there with the stalking comment. You really do love going on and on about Liverpool and their support and then come out with this sh about obsession...
    Whoosh

No need to deflect anything, you are actually providing my point :D:D

Pretty weak attempt to deflect there with the stalking comment. You really do love going on and on about Liverpool and their support and then come out with this sh about obsession...
    Whoosh

No need to deflect anything, you are actually providing my point :D:D

And you mine!

lol only on an Irish message board in the soccer section would you see someone mentioning the employment % between Manchester and Liverpool

But it is ok for people to push old stereotypes ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

League cup

FA cup

Premier League champions

But nothing wrong with the post he was responding to? Or you agree with that stereotyping? Strange.

And you mine!

Lol,I'll leave you to it as you obviously are a little bit slow on the uptake .

And you mine!

Lol,I'll leave you to it as you obviously are a little bit slow on the uptake .

Off you go so. Trying to save face with put-downs doesn't disguise that you're the one with the Liverpool obsession.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,706 ✭✭✭✭osarusan

Hard to envisage the day would come when a premier league team could lost a final by 6-0, and their fans would still be singing and supporting instead of sullen and fuming.

Watford fans were like the fans of a lower league team who had somehow made it to Wembley, and even the inevitable hammering wouldn't ruin the day.

And that's not a slight of Watford or Watford fans, just a sign of how far the gap is between Man City and even most in the premier league.

It reminded me a bit of Ireland singing while 4-0 down to Spain in Euro 2016. the opposition is just so special, so much better than you, that there is just nothing at all you can do to bridge the gap, and you can't find too much fault with your own team, even in defeat.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,840 ✭✭✭hetuzozaho

Guardiola is just silly.

Seems so many times he's beating teams by so much.

Has he some record on destroying teams?

On top of his leagues points records two seasons in a row.

My phone never stops with the notifications when man City are playing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,861 ✭✭✭Mr.H

haha Man City's biggest song this season on the terrace has been about Liverpool!!!

thebaz wrote: »
    hardly dirt - with 4 different teams in European final - ther are a lot of poor mid to bottom of the table teams , like Burnley , who drag it down

I know I eluded to that but purely on the league no one touched either the top two I'd find it hard you'd deny that since February at least they were out on their own bit predictable at least it wasn't one team would be the compliment, re: the playoffs yes I'd agree the unexpected enhances things in sport the 6th placed teams are contesting for promotion in the championship and league 2 (7th place also in League 2) some really good games to boot.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,213 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

hetuzozaho wrote: »
    Guardiola is just silly.

Seems so many times he's beating teams by so much.

Has he some record on destroying teams?

On top of his leagues points records two seasons in a row.

My phone never stops with the notifications when man City are playing.

To be fair, Pep himself has taken some bad beatings in the CL.
    Check his record ;)

It was slightly embarrassing for a cup final, but I think other than Liverpool, City would have won that final easy today no matter who they were playing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,419 ✭✭✭.G.

They'd just won a treble and one of their fans burst into the press room to complain about the media talking about Mo Salah lolz.

It's great for City fans but realistically if you spend billions on a squad of players people are going to down play your achievements. Peps ridiculous assertion that they were underdogs in the league is him just trying to add some legitimacy to something he knows doesn't have any.

• Advertisement
Advertisement