Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

2018-19 FA CUP

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,495 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

What Fabregas there, is that allowed? Thought stopping wasn't allowed?

Gas that there was like 10 players in the box when he hit it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,050 ✭✭✭✭The Talking Bread

Mushy wrote: »
    What Fabregas there, is that allowed? Thought stopping wasn't allowed?

Gas that there was like 10 players in the box when he hit it

Feinting the run up is allowed
    Feinting to kick ball isnt

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,401 ✭✭✭✭Collie D

Grimsby already a man down away to Palace in one of the 5.30 kickoffs. Nine changes for Palace from the side that beat Wolves on Wednesday.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,858 ✭✭✭✭Loafing Oaf

Arsenal the only team to score in the first half of the five 5.30 games. Talk in the prem thread of how early kick-offs can be drab affairs but seems like the late ones are just as bad...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,586 ✭✭✭jaykay74

Reading being two down against this Utd side just seems quite unfair. They seem to have better footballers.

Bournemouth back in the game 1-2

1-3.

Jesus! You don't know what you were looking at Mike do you :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,738 ✭✭✭giveitholly

When is the draw for the 4th round,will they wait until after the wolves-Liverpool match Monday night?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,725 ✭✭✭✭blueser

When is the draw for the 4th round,will they wait until after the wolves-Liverpool match Monday night?
    It's usually immediately before the Monday game, around 7-ish.

Few upsets in the 2pm kickoffs today. Man City and Watford the only two higher ranked teams to go through from the seven games.

Barnet of the National League winning away to Sheffield United to be the lowest ranked team left in the competition.

Only two 3rd Round games left to be played and both are live on BBC. Hopefully Newport and Wolves can continue the run of upsets at home to Leicester and Liverpool respectively.

Choudhury of Leicester with an even bigger head of hair than Fellaini pre-haircut. Impressive

• Advertisement

Newport 1-0 up. Only 11 minutes played.

Collie D wrote: »
    Newport 1-0 up. Only 11 minutes played.

Finally one of the prem sides might be caught out for starting a second string team.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

Finally one of the prem sides might be caught out for starting a second string team.

Fulham have tbf but they don't need a cup run.

ERG89 wrote: »
    Fulham have tbf but they don't need a cup run.

True. You'd think the likes of Leicester and Watford might fancy a crack at the cup though...

Always enjoy these sort of ties. Small grounds absolutely packed, love seeing it.

Wouldn't need a ticket if you lived in some of those houses too

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

Delighted for Barnet. Have been supporting them since 1977 and this is only the 3rd time they have reached the last 32. 1st time while being a non league cup. They've never reached the last 16 so really hoping they can go 1 better.

Was watching on a tiny screen courtesy of Paddy Power and they put on a very professional performance. Great passing and solid at the back ensuring that Sheffield United were only able to create very few clear cut chances.

• Advertisement

Enjoy it, Greendom

So would you be hoping for a winnable tie eg home to Oldham or a massive payday and day out but likely exit away at Old Trafford or Wembley (Spurs)?

Personally if it was me I’d want the “handy” draw unless club was on verge of bankruptcy. I don’t know Barnet’s financial state.

Leicester equalise but penalty awarded to Newport. Silly handball by Albrighton

And Amond sends keeper wrong way. 2-1 to Newport and only five minutes left.

Brain dead by Albrighton. Thought Leicester deserved the equaliser, but nice to see this happen

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Could be a big upset coming hopefully I've not put the mockers on it

• Advertisement

Could be a big upset coming hopefully I've not put the mockers on it

I actually typed Newport originally instead of Oldham in my post a few posts back and thought I’d jinxed them by doing so when Leicester equalised.

Four minutes of injury time

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,079 ✭✭✭✭Tom Mann Centuria

greendom wrote: »
    Delighted for Barnet. Have been supporting them since 1977 and this is only the 3rd time they have reached the last 32. 1st time while being a non league cup. They've never reached the last 16 so really hoping they can go 1 better.

Was watching on a tiny screen courtesy of Paddy Power and they put on a very professional performance. Great passing and solid at the back ensuring that Sheffield United were only able to create very few clear cut chances.

Congratulations greendom, spent 3 years in Barnet, and was a semi regular at Underhill when they played there. Huge result for any team in League One and Two, let alone the National League.

Oh well, give me an easy life and a peaceful death.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 33,246 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

Totally deserved win for Newport, delighted for them, proper F.A. cup game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,079 ✭✭✭✭Tom Mann Centuria

Massive win for Newport. Brilliant.

Oh well, give me an easy life and a peaceful death.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

And they're through! An Irish lad scored from the spot to win it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,019 ✭✭✭davycc

Delighted for Newport too. There penalty hero has a Irish accent hint of Munster ??

Paidraig amond.

Call him up big Mick!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,933 ✭✭✭kksaints

davycc wrote: »
    Delighted for Newport too. There penalty hero has a Irish accent hint of Munster ??

Paidraig amond.

Call him up big Mick!

Amond is from Carlow. He's been around the block a fair bit.

Yeah, I recall Amond being in the news for the goal against Spurs last year.. It was last years "almost" upset. He went to school wityh a chap I worked with

Latest Fa cup Paidraig amond special edition,

http://www.extratime.ie/articles/22142/watch-former-rovers-striker-padraig-amond-shoots-newport-county-to-fa-cup-giant-killing-over-premier-league-leicester-city/

Hopefully they get a few kind draws from here on deserved after this

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,421 ✭✭✭major bill

greendom wrote: »

Have been to Barnet matches a few times underhill and new ground! Cracking club delighted for them! Hopefully big draw now in next round!

• Advertisement

blueser wrote: »
    It's usually immediately before the Monday game, around 7-ish.
    just to make me look an 4rse, the draw is actually after the Wolves/'pool game tomorrow evening, so sometime around ten-ish.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,738 ✭✭✭giveitholly

Thanks blueser

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Wolves vs Liverpool teams:
    Wolves XI: Ruddy; Bennett, Coady, Boly; Jonny, Dendoncker, Neves, Vinagre; Moutinho; Jota, Jimenez.

Liverpool XI: Mignolet; Camacho, Lovren, Fabinho, Moreno; Jones, Milner, Keita; Shaqiri, Sturridge, Origi.

Fabinho in defence for Liverpool while Mane, Salah, Firmino and TAA are on the bench; Wolves have Doherty and Costa as subs with Patricio not in the squad.

How do you see the game going? I'll predict Liverpool to edge it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,528 ✭✭✭✭retalivity

Will probably end up going to a replay which nobody wants

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,254 ✭✭✭Kevin Finnerty

Cork man Kelleher on the bench for Liverpool. Be great to see him get a run, doubtful though.

Robbie Keane as a pundit. :cool:

Come on you wolves!
    Attack attack attack.

Come on you wolves!
    Attack attack attack.

Robbie Keane as a pundit. :cool:

It was his dream since he was a child to be a pundit. Don't be so bregudging

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,254 ✭✭✭Kevin Finnerty

:pac:
    Has he said it yet?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,046 ✭✭✭Berserker

Wolves vs Liverpool teams:

Fabinho in defence for Liverpool while Mane, Salah, Firmino and TAA are on the bench; Wolves have Doherty and Costa as subs with Patricio not in the squad.

How do you see the game going? I'll predict Liverpool to edge it.

Expected Liverpool to rest some players but not that many. If Wolves have a right go at them, I can see them getting a result here. If they don't go at them, I think Liverpool will win by the odd goal.

On BBC. And RTE. And UTV. And, er, BT Sport...

Lovren injured. Youngster Hoever coming on.

retalivity wrote: »
    Will probably end up going to a replay which nobody wants
    Ooh, I dunno!

;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,404 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

Klopp giving it yards to lovren when coming off

• Advertisement

Liverpool bringing on a lad from the U-14s for Lovren apparently. So they should be a bit more solid at the back.:P

vicwatson wrote: »
    Klopp giving it yards to lovren when coming off

Yeah, strange. Wonder why? Hardly his fault that he pulled a muscle.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,404 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

Berserker wrote: »
    Yeah, strange. Wonder why? Hardly his fault that he pulled a muscle.

Maybe it was because he didn’t try run it off, or was just pissed off with him

vicwatson wrote: »
    Maybe it was because he didn’t try run it off, or was just pissed off with him

Yeah but running on it could have made it worse. Might still be fit for their game at Brighton at the weekend. Playing that kid against the likes of Murray and a physically big Brighton side wouldn't be a good idea.

Milner booked for pulling down his marker

• Advertisement
Advertisement