Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Free Robert Plant and Van Morrison tickets on 3+ app

Options
12345679»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 36 TripleL

You have to print them.

They accepted my pdf for CC/AK tonight in the 3Arena. They just scanned it from the phone so you may not need to print them.

• Registered Users Posts: 401 ✭✭Deisler

If anyone can’t make RP tonight I’ll gladly take tickets off u. Cheers.

• Registered Users Posts: 782 ✭✭✭xlogo

As per previous pages... I'm still looking for a single Robert Plant ticket if possible.

Thanks.!

• Registered Users Posts: 782 ✭✭✭xlogo

For the tickets that people got free via the app - can these be sent to someone and if so how is it done - is there a forwarding option or has anyone got instructions on how it's done.

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 29,050 ✭✭✭✭AndrewJRenko

xlogo wrote: »
    For the tickets that people got free via the app - can these be sent to someone and if so how is it done - is there a forwarding option or has anyone got instructions on how it's done.

Thanks
    Download the tickets from Ticketmaster as a PDF file - same as if you were going to print the tickets. Then email the PDF file to the relevant person as an attachment.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 558 ✭✭✭keeponrockin

TripleL wrote: »
    They accepted my pdf for CC/AK tonight in the 3Arena. They just scanned it from the phone so you may not need to print them.

Great..about time too..printing off stuff should be a thing of the past at this stage:)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,573 ✭✭✭Thundercats Ho

I may have 2 free tickets to the VM / RP gig tonight. I'm unable to go now. I've asked a mate if he wants them n I'm giving him until 3:30.

If I don't hear back, I'll let them go to someone who likes this post.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,573 ✭✭✭Thundercats Ho

Tickets gone. Enjoy, Deisler

• Registered Users Posts: 539 ✭✭✭Etc

What a gig ! Both artists were amazing in their own different ways !

• Registered Users Posts: 1,385 ✭✭✭Mrs Shuttleworth

Sound was shocking for Van. I came in half way through his set and I honestly thought I'd missed it when I was in the bar area, the volume was so low.

Nice of Rob to give us what was almost a full Zep concert!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,321 ✭✭✭✭Birneybau

Sound was shocking for Van. I came in half way through his set and I honestly thought I'd missed it when I was in the bar area, the volume was so low.

Nice of Rob to give us what was almost a full Zep concert!

You gotta whole lotta love?

• Registered Users Posts: 793 ✭✭✭ImARebel

Etc wrote: »
    What a gig ! Both artists were amazing in their own different ways !

Sad I missed it, I'm 100 percent convinced van is going to kick the bucket before I get to see him again :-(

• Registered Users Posts: 491 ✭✭argentum

Birneybau wrote: »
    You gotta whole lotta love?

Last song of the gig

• Registered Users Posts: 852 ✭✭✭corm500

Zardoz wrote: »
    Van Morrisons setlist from last night is very disappointing.
    A load of covers and very few of his own songs.
    Very different set last night. Played all the hits, here comes the night, have I told you lately, days like this, brown eyed girl, moondance, baby please don’t go, real real gone, wherever god shines his light were just some. And then he finished with Gloria. Best Van Morrison gig I’ve seen, and I’ve seen him more than a dozen times over the years.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭retalivity

Robert plant was great, still has some voice for a 70yo.

Van....im a massive van morrisson fan, but had never seen him live. I had heard reviews, bootlegs and videos of him live over the last 10-15 years were not good, he's a stubborn so&so etc., so i went in with low expectations.
    I was pleasantly surprised, despite the sound issues.

• Registered Users Posts: 445 ✭✭evillive

For Sunday in the 3 arena. I'd say you have to be quick...

Edit - Counting Crows on Saturday too

Massive thanks again Electric nitwit for the heads up on the freebie, gig was great Planty was sensational an utter legend

• Registered Users Posts: 2,726 ✭✭✭Arne_Saknussem

Amazing weekend of music.

I'd just like to say a big thanks to bennyl10 & spindex for sorting me out, very much appreciated! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,115 ✭✭✭asteroids over berlin

went to see Plant, quite disappointed to be honest, thought it was a let down. Van the man on the other hand was quite brilliant, had no real interest seeing him but he was great, very surprised. decent gig because of him

• Registered Users Posts: 17,076 ✭✭✭✭Sleeper12

I've seen both Robert Plant and Van Morrison several times. I like when Morrison does obscure blues songs and this is usually what I get with a few hits thrown in. Last night was hit after hit and I wasn't expecting that but enjoyed it all the same. I didn't notice anything wrong with the sound but I saw the bass player, the musical director (on keyboard and trumpet) & Van himself struggling to communicate with the sound engineer several times.

The last time I saw Robert Plant was last December in the Grand Canal Theatre for the start of the tour. It was a great gig but the difference 10 months on the road made was unbelievable. They altered many intros, solos etc, improving them imo. Plant himself last night was the closest to the Led Zeppelin Plant I have ever heard. He belted out parts of the songs that he let the audience do for him a year ago.

Possibly the best value for money gig of the year. Two World class acts with two truly brilliant shows. If they were playing in Belfast tonight I think I'd be driving there now to watch it all over again.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,892 ✭✭✭grimm2005

Two great shows this weekend, particularly Plant and Morrison. Not a huge Van Morrison fan, enjoy what I've known and heard in the past but never followed him really, but was really impressed with the show, some voice and set of lungs on him considering he's in his seventies now :eek: his band were great too, really solid. Was also impressed with Robert Plant, didn't expect him to sound as good as he did considering his age also.

Massive thanks to electric nitwit also, would have passed me by for sure if not for this thread bringing attention to it, it's not in the bargain alerts forum but this is definitely bargain of the year for sure! :)

• Advertisement

• Registered Users Posts: 2,723 ✭✭✭ec18

corm500 wrote: »

'Ramble it on' :p at least google the proper song name.

Found van morrison very boring

• Registered Users Posts: 2,726 ✭✭✭Arne_Saknussem

ec18 wrote: »
    'Ramble it on' :p at least google the proper song name.

Found van morrison very boring

He also sang 'California' and 'Babe'

• Registered Users Posts: 4,732 ✭✭✭delbertgrady

Don't know where the reviewer got "Levees" from. If she means When the Levee Breaks, Plant didn't do it. Also, it's Bukka White, not Buck White.

2024 Gigs and Events: David Suchet, Depeche Mode, Orchestral Manoeuvres in the Dark, The Smile, Pixies, Liam Gallagher John Squire/Jake Bugg, Kacey Musgraves (x2), Olivia Rodrigo, Mitski, Muireann Bradley, Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band, Eric Clapton, Girls Aloud, Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band, Rewind Festival, The Smashing Pumpkins/Weezer, Henry Winkler, P!nk, Pearl Jam/Richard Ashcroft, Taylor Swift/Paramore, Suede/Manic Street Preachers, Muireann Bradley, AC/DC, Deacon Blue/Altered Images, The The, blink-182, Coldplay, Gilbert O'Sullivan, Nick Lowe, David Gilmour, ABBA Voyage, St. Vincent, Public Service Broadcasting, Crash Test Dummies, Cassandra Jenkins.

2025 Gigs and Events: Billie Eilish (x2)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,812 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

Don't know where the reviewer got "Levees" from. If she means When the Levee Breaks, Plant didn't do it. Also, it's Bukka White, not Buck White.

She also called his band The Sensational "Shape" Shifters.

:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭retalivity

That review reads like it was written by someone who missed the gig & winged it with second hand info & wikipedia

Advertisement