Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Consumers crying that SOTR is already on steam sale

Options
  • 23-10-2018 7:13pm

Am I just being unfair when I think this is entitlement personified? Talk from some that they should be refunded the difference as an early adopter etc etc. This makes me sad as a gamer that there’s such a level of entitlement. I mean being an early adopter has marked disadvantages this being one of them. What do you all think? Am I just a mean old man or is this silly?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,885 ✭✭✭Optimalprimerib

Am I just being unfair when I think this is entitlement personified? Talk from some that they should be refunded the difference as an early adopter etc etc. This makes me sad as a gamer that there’s such a level of entitlement. I mean being an early adopter has marked disadvantages this being one of them. What do you all think? Am I just a mean old man or is this silly?

What are you on about?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

What are you on about?

Tomb Raider released and a couple of weeks later the price was massively reduced , cue outrage

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭kunst nugget

What's an SOTR when it's at home?

• gimli2112 wrote: »
    Tomb Raider released and a couple of weeks later the price was massively reduced , cue outrage

^

Standard edition is over 30% off on steam and Croft edition is 47% off. People leaving negative reviews on the steam page whinging that they cut the price a month post release and some people are deciding they should get w refund for the difference that they paid because they were early adopters. As if that’s how it works. :pac: by that logic Sony owes me €150 for the PS4 I bought at launch.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,303 ✭✭✭Temptamperu

What's an SOTR when it's at home?

Shadow of the tomb raider.

How long should they wait before having a sale?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,004 ✭✭✭✭titan18

It was on sale last week on PS4 too

• Registered Users Posts: 4,909 ✭✭✭nix

Ummmm, This is how it is for all games pretty much, like this for years and years, except the ones that are actually really really good. Like take Read dead 2 for example, that wont drop in price for aaaaages.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,410 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Yep. Seen plenty of big budget games collapse in price after two or more months after release due to not selling as well as expected. If people were stupid enough to not wait it's their fault and nobody elses.

Suck it and welcome to capitalism.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

You can always kinda tell when a game is going to underperform often to unrealistic expectations.
    Rise of the Tomb Raider never really caught on even after it was ported to PS4 when they foolishly launched exclusively on Xbox One.
    In September you have basically every sports title release too. Then Assassins Creed Odyssey reviewed far better than I expected & sold better than any AC game since Black Flag was another bad sign for the game to have legs. People are also waiting for Red Dead or playing COD, Forza or Spider-Man.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,707 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

It's ironic that the "fans" want to give less money to the developers they supported by buying on day 1.

Utter shower of whingers. I hope not a single one of 'em gets a refund tbh.

• Advertisement

• K.O.Kiki wrote: »
    It's ironic that the "fans" want to give less money to the developers they supported by buying on day 1.

Utter shower of whingers. I hope not a single one of 'em gets a refund tbh.

In all fairness pigs will fly before they get one

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭kunst nugget

It was pretty obvious it was going to tank. There was zero hype for the game prior to it's release any it seem to slip out completely unnoticed.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,449 ✭✭✭Rob2D

Same thing happened with the other two. On PC at least.

The series seems to be always in a state of constant discount.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,179 ✭✭✭salamanca22

The season pass and editions containing the season pass was massively reduced less than a month after the game came out. None of the season pass content has yet to be released. You can't tell me that is okay?

It might be capitalism but it is far from fair. Imo they are right to see the backlash they are seeing if only to make them think twice next time.

• Registered Users Posts: 876 ✭✭✭bigphil2

i figure it that early adopters are going to buy a game asap.. And while its pretty soon for this title to go on sale,those day one guys should just suck it up..if they are having regrets over their purchase well,thats the chance you take..
    I do agree completely though that having the dlc on sale is a sh*t move on the publishers part..

• Registered Users Posts: 18,707 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

The season pass and editions containing the season pass was massively reduced less than a month after the game came out. None of the season pass content has yet to be released. You can't tell me that is okay?

It might be capitalism but it is far from fair. Imo they are right to see the backlash they are seeing if only to make them think twice next time.

If you buy a Season Pass without knowing what's in it - shame on you.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,410 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

It's like complaining the jeans you bought in Penneys were reduced a week after you bought them.

If this is the case you have to ask yourself why are you buying clothes in Penneys in the first place.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,576 ✭✭✭EoinHef

^

Standard edition is over 30% off on steam and Croft edition is 47% off. People leaving negative reviews on the steam page whinging that they cut the price a month post release and some people are deciding they should get w refund for the difference that they paid because they were early adopters. As if that’s how it works. :pac: by that logic Sony owes me €150 for the PS4 I bought at launch.

For a logic post this is not very logical,Sony would only owe you €150 of they reduced it by that much a month after release.

Id ask you,would you be happy if you bought a PS4 on release day and Sony reduced it by €150 a month later?

EoinHef wrote: »
    For a logic post this is not very logical,Sony would only owe you €150 of they reduced it by that much a month after release.

Id ask you,would you be happy if you bought a PS4 on release day and Sony reduced it by €150 a month later?

Nintendo and Microsoft pretty much did that with the N64 and Original xbox

• EoinHef wrote: »

I wouldn’t be terribly happy, but I’d be upset at myself for not having patience. I wouldn’t be telling people the PS4 is a bad system because of it.

• Advertisement

K.O.Kiki wrote: »
    If you buy a Season Pass without knowing what's in it - shame on you.

I didn't buy it. The list of content was released already.

Lowering the value of your product before people even get to use it is scummy behavior.

Whatever about discounting the base game, discounting the season pass before even releasing any of the content when the majority of people who would have bought it already is not on.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Where is it 30% off? still full price on steam.

dreamers75 wrote: »
    Where is it 30% off? still full price on steam.

Sale is over

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,278 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Game must have underperformed badly for them to discount it so quick, can't really blame them for trying to shift a few more units. It's no coincidence the most successful games are slowest to drop in price.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

Mickeroo wrote:
    Game must have underperformed badly for them to discount it so quick, can't really blame them for trying to shift a few more units. It's no coincidence the most successful games are slowest to drop in price.

Yeah it doesn't paint a good picture for the series future. I was expecting this to underperform & be cheap around Black Friday week but 4 weeks is a very short time.
    It's a pity it's often good single player games in this position. Last year it was Wolfenstein 2, the year before that it was Dishonored 2.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

Wolfenstein the new blood was awesome, the old blood wasn't as good which probably harmed 2 which was a bit of a mess itself. 2, was just all over the place with various missions flying off at a tangent to the storyline.

Advertisement