Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Modest Apartment Renovations

• 23-10-2018 7:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Looking at a number of apartments circa 70 sq m.  Most of them need a decent amount of refurbishment.  Would someone be kind enough to give me an idea what the refurbishment expenses would be for largely cosmetic improvements.  No significant structural changes or rehabilitation.

Tile flooring per sq m

Carpeting per sq m

Replace kitchen cabinetry/countertop/appliances

Replace toilet, shower stall, sink basin

Am I accurate to think perhaps 15-20,000 depending on standard?

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

revels7 wrote: »
    Looking at a number of apartments circa 70 sq m.  Most of them need a decent amount of refurbishment.  Would someone be kind enough to give me an idea what the refurbishment expenses would be for largely cosmetic improvements.  No significant structural changes or rehabilitation.

Tile flooring per sq m

Carpeting per sq m

Replace kitchen cabinetry/countertop/appliances

Replace toilet, shower stall, sink basin

Am I accurate to think perhaps 15-20,000 depending on standard?

No significant structural changes, you need to clarify this. No minor structural alterations, in fact, no structural alterations at all considering you are in an apartment block.

Tiles could be 8-10k depending on what you pick. I spent 8k recently doing the whole ground floor of my house in wood effect. Not to everyone’s taste (especially Dermot Bannon), but it’s not every bodies house.

Carpet again depends on what you pick. I spent 2k doing 2 flights of stairs, 2 landings and one bedroom.

Kitchen 8-10k depending on what appliances and what spec of kitchen. Hardwood, stone etc

Bathroom 6k

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,853 ✭✭✭✭Idbatterim

Kitchens can now be spray painted , can save a lot as they are very expensive. Could be an option for you. Carpet tiles and laminate, they go from dirt cheap to bloody expensive per sq m, depends what u want ...

Advertisement