Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Development in Carrickpherish

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,810 ✭✭✭dzilla

Sure they must all be from Stonehaven boss :pac:

Lol great post.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 531 ✭✭✭Stopitwillya

Kent building 14 new semi detached houses and 2 terraced houses beside Sherlock walk in carrickpherish. Prices to start at €240,000. Ready for occupancy in April 2019.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,238 ✭✭✭Azatadine

I was just driving by the halting site in Carrickpherrish and two traveller SUV's were stopped beside each other taking up one side of the road having a chat. Cars had to stop and let other cars by. Ridiculous.

• Registered Users Posts: 700 ✭✭✭kayaksurfbum

Azatadine wrote: »
    I was just driving by the halting site in Carrickpherrish and two traveller SUV's were stopped beside each other taking up one side of the road having a chat. Cars had to stop and let other cars by. Ridiculous.

Whats the count for Peter Casey in Carrickpherish?

• Registered Users Posts: 29,387 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

lock'em up, lock'em up, lock'em up!

• Advertisement

I see some scumbags destroyed the bottle bank.....reversed into them with a jeep or something. Not just one of the containers either.

The caravans that that crowd set up on the land oppsite the gaelscoil were kicked out I see. They've now set up right by the gaelscoil itself.

What a horrible stretch of road with that crowd overflowing all over it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,326 ✭✭✭alta stare

The caravans that that crowd set up on the land oppsite the gaelscoil were kicked out I see. They've now set up right by the gaelscoil itself.

What a horrible stretch of road with that crowd overflowing all over it.

Travellers??? If so its amazing what those people get away with. If you or I were to do it we would be arrested straight away.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,739 ✭✭✭Wanderer2010

alta stare wrote: »
    Travellers??? If so its amazing what those people get away with. If you or I were to do it we would be arrested straight away.

Good point. Im sure the Guards would pay lip service like "Oh no we uphold all members of the public to the same law" but in reality they totally turn a blind eye to the travellers, they must be either scared or its not worth the bother. :mad:

Yes. They've already sprawled out all over the footpath at their halting site, taken over another site, kicked out of another and set up at the gaelscoil. The whole road is taken over with them and they are expanding all over it. It's scandalous in any respect but even worse considering that it's a prominent road into the city.

• Advertisement

Good point. Im sure the Guards would pay lip service like "Oh no we uphold all members of the public to the same law" but in reality they totally turn a blind eye to the travellers, they must be either scared or its not worth the bother. :mad:

They get away with using the minority ethnic card. In reality all that means is that they have carte blanche to do as they please. The world has gone so pc that they can get away with all sorts and the snowflakes will be up in arms get if any grouping (like travellers) is taken to task over any issue. The same snowflakes would have a different opinion if the travellers were around their own area and not just experienced through the internet a place where they are protected from reality.

Yes. They've already sprawled out all over the footpath at their halting site, taken over another site, kicked out of another and set up at the gaelscoil. The whole road is taken over with them and they are expanding all over it. It's scandalous in any respect but even worse considering that it's a prominent road into the city.

Yeah it looks bad alright when driving past there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 531 ✭✭✭Stopitwillya

Pity anyone who bought up there. And the mad thing is they are building more houses behind sherlock walk and selling them for hefty sums. You would want to be off your head to buy up there.

• Registered Users Posts: 451 ✭✭jopax

I see the neighbours have moved up next to the footpath on slip road by the side of the gaeilscoil,
    I wonder how long that will last, will they need a court order to move them or can the guards just move them along?

• Registered Users Posts: 138 ✭✭Picky owner

Ta` fearg orm

Filthy crowd. How can they be allowed to proliferate all over the place up there....They think they own the road.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,962 ✭✭✭✭dark crystal

My son is in Educate Together and they've had to be brought in out of the playground on at least two occasions over the last month because the feral Traveller kids were in making a nuisance, throwing stuff, swearing at teachers etc.

Not a very attractive place for families to live/ send their kids to school at the moment. They really are a law unto themselves.

• Registered Users Posts: 451 ✭✭jopax

My son is in Educate Together and they've had to be brought in out of the playground on at least two occasions over the last month because the feral Traveller kids were in making a nuisance, throwing stuff, swearing at teachers etc.

Not a very attractive place for families to live/ send their kids to school at the moment. They really are a law unto themselves.

Why were they not in school themselves, surely Tulsa should be looking into them & how the kids are raised

jopax wrote: »
    Why were they not in school themselves, surely Tulsa should be looking into them & how the kids are raised

Educating their children does not appear to be a priority for these particular families it seems. It's their culture though, right?

Educating their children does not appear to be a priority for these particular families it seems. It's their culture though, right?

terms such as this are used to deride such behaviors, talking to those who work with travelers is well worth the experience, theres a lot more to this problem, and uninformed comments dont help to solve the problem

• Advertisement

Wanderer78 wrote: »
    terms such as this are used to deride such behaviors, talking to those who work with travelers is well worth the experience, theres a lot more to this problem, and uninformed comments dont help to solve the problem

To be fair its a phrase they use no matter what resistance they encounter or create. Alot of it is their own doing.

To be fair its a phrase they use no matter what resistance they encounter or create. Alot of it is their own doing.

òf course some of this is their own doing, but their behavior is very complex, like most humans, theres many complex factors interacting, causing these outcomes

• Registered Users Posts: 1,745 ✭✭✭Deiseen

òf course some of this is their own doing, but their behavior is very complex, like most humans, theres many complex factors interacting, causing these outcomes

It's not complex to just act like a decent person.

Plenty of cultures, big and small, are able to perform this miraculous act without any difficulty what-so-ever.

Deiseen wrote: »
    It's not complex to just act like a decent person.

Plenty of cultures, big and small, are able to perform this miraculous act without any difficulty what-so-ever.

100%.

Some travellers just do as they please with little repurcussions as they can use the ethnic minority crap. Its not exactly taxing on us to be decent citizens so they should try at least take part in some decency.

I don't have any time for double standards when it comes to explaining away Traveller behaviour. Their kids should be in school like all other children their age. Their ethnicity cannot be used as an excuse, especially when education is one of the surest ways of breaking the poverty cycle.

They have all the supports out there they need, so apologies if my sympathy is in short supply, but when their culture encroaches on my child's safety, I'll say something. Uninformed as you might find it, that's just too bad.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,072 ✭✭✭sunnysoutheast

Much experience of talking to people who work with travellers yourself? If so, what did they say? Perhaps someone who works in A&E/Caredoc, or a Garda or someone in retail or works in a school?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,739 ✭✭✭Wanderer2010

All human behaviour is complex. Do you think if you camped out next to a school that YOU would get away with it? Why should they get away with it?

All human behaviour is complex. Do you think if you camped out next to a school that YOU would get away with it? Why should they get away with it?

No and no, but of course they shouldn't get away with it, but strangely enough, many settlers get away with breaking rules and laws all the time, I do this, everyday. We don't live in a utopian world of equality. I can completely understand people's grievances with travellers, they're extremely difficult to deal with, I've had many run ins with them myself, but I've also had many good experiences with them.

No and no, but of course they shouldn't get away with it, but strangely enough, many settlers get away with breaking rules and laws all the time, I do this, everyday. We don't live in a utopian world of equality. I can completely understand people's grievances with travellers, they're extremely difficult to deal with, I've had many run ins with them myself, but I've also had many good experiences with them.

I agree with what you are saying but at this moment in time we are referring to those who do as they please ie the bad ones.

The area i grew up in would of been frequented by travellers so i had many dealings with them myself and most of it wasnt good. I know of 3 traveller familes who are good nice people its the rest which give them a bad name.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 700 ✭✭✭kayaksurfbum

Start calling these lads to sort it out.

Elections are coming. at some stage!

http://www.waterfordcouncil.ie/council/councillors/metropolitan/tramore-watcity-west/index.htm

Advertisement