Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Development in Carrickpherish

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22 Siberian Husky

dzilla wrote: »
    Great to see Racism alive and well in Waterford :/

Theres always one. How is it "racist" to point out the obvious?????

• Registered Users Posts: 2,072 ✭✭✭sunnysoutheast

Wanderer78 wrote: »
    No and no, but of course they shouldn't get away with it, but strangely enough, many settlers get away with breaking rules and laws all the time, I do this, everyday. We don't live in a utopian world of equality. I can completely understand people's grievances with travellers, they're extremely difficult to deal with, I've had many run ins with them myself, but I've also had many good experiences with them.

Settlers? What?

What line of work are you in yourself?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,336 ✭✭✭tonc76

Settlers? What?

What line of work are you in yourself?

Codology

• Registered Users Posts: 29,387 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

Settlers? What?

The term settlers is used commonly by travellers to describe ourselves, it's worth sparking up a conversation with them from time to time, they're dealing with a lot of complex issues at the moment, with dramatically increased numbers of suicides, addiction and mental health issues, compared to settlers

• Registered Users Posts: 505 ✭✭✭Teebor15

The term settlers is used commonly by travellers to describe ourselves, it's worth sparking up a conversation with them from time to time, they're dealing with a lot of complex issues at the moment, with dramatically increased numbers of suicides, addiction and mental health issues, compared to settlers

Of their own making!

• Advertisement

Teebor15 wrote:
    Of their own making!

Are all mental health issues created by 'their own making'?

Have they more mental health issues than "Settlers"?

You're saying that they have more of these issues compared to "Settlers" so whats the cause of this?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,427 ✭✭✭mooseknunkle

Can just imagine you rocking up in Kilbarry to have a chat with a few of the lads.

Can just imagine you rocking up in Kilbarry to have a chat with a few of the lads.

Funnily enough, I regularly do, as I have known one of the senior members of that site for a long time now, even know someone who ended up drinking with them on site before. I know people that have worked on the site though, with great difficulty

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 451 ✭✭jopax

The neighbours have moved from outside the gaeilscoil thankfully

• Registered Users Posts: 3,238 ✭✭✭Azatadine

If only the rest of them could be moved on too!

• Registered Users Posts: 22 Siberian Husky

"commonly used by travellers". I am a law-abiding citizen of Ireland. NOT a "settler".

• Registered Users Posts: 2,072 ✭✭✭sunnysoutheast

Funnily enough, I regularly do, as I have known one of the senior members of that site for a long time now, even know someone who ended up drinking with them on site before. I know people that have worked on the site though, with great difficulty

Were those people in the medical sector by any chance?

If so we may know the same people. Some of the stories I've heard from them are toe-curling.

Has the new development opposite "that crowd" closed down or something. Seems to be at a standstill for a long time now.

Still nothing happening at that new development. Looks like it was closed up one evening months ago and abandoned.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,412 ✭✭✭Road-Hog

Azatadine wrote: »
    Still nothing happening at that new development. Looks like it was closed up one evening months ago and abandoned.

It’s being de-constructed, peter casey had a word in the ear to the developer and he decided to pull the project

They should consider deconstructing the halting site and environs.....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,630 ✭✭✭marlin vs

Azatadine wrote: »
    They should consider deconstructing the halting site and environs.....
    Looks like its being up-graded.

Saw that alright. Big fancy mobile homes. Wonder how long before they rip those apart and have them strewn all over the footpath like their other junk.

• Advertisement
Advertisement