Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

References

Options
  • 23-10-2018 10:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9,576 ✭✭✭

I'm looking to go renting in the new year following a separation with my wife. Pretty much every LL requires a reference from a previous LL but I've owned my own home for the last 16 years and last rented 1999-2002. Would a mortgage statement be sufficient to satisfy a landlord that I'm of good character along with a contact from my employer?

Any advice much appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,684 ✭✭✭✭Samuel T. Cogley

Explanation and something (such as a mortgage statement in your name) to back it up would satisfy me personally but every LL is going to be different.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,991 ✭✭✭spaceHopper

A LL wants a tenant who will pay the rent will contact them only if something needs attention but with out being needy or unreasonable.

Get everything together, work reference, bank reference, a letter from you to explain that you are home owner but separated from wife and will want a nice quite place to live for at least a year. And you should be fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,192 ✭✭✭Fian

Most landlords would be happy with this explanation and an employers reference imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,576 ✭✭✭lord lucan

Thanks for all the advice and suggestions.

Advertisement