Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Garda recruitment 2019

12345679»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 172 ✭✭sazxox

When do you think there will be another recruitment to join AGS?

Prob next year :)

• Registered Users Posts: 46 Kevin17W

Anyone here do stage 2 so far this week?
    Is verbal and logical the same as stage 1?

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Kerry0108

Hi . I ranked in around 1800 do you think it would be worth getting the career services stage 2 or will I be wasting my time as might not get called to stage 2 .
    Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 5,118 ✭✭✭job seeker

Kerry0108 wrote: »
    Hi . I ranked in around 1800 do you think it would be worth getting the career services stage 2 or will I be wasting my time as might not get called to stage 2 .
    Thanks

As already mentioned... EVERYONE! Who passed stage 1. Will get called for stage 2! EVERYBODY!!! It’ll just take longer to be called due to where you placed!

job seeker wrote: »
    As already mentioned... EVERYONE! Who passed stage 1. Will get called for stage 2! EVERYBODY!!! It’ll just take longer to be called due to where you placed!

Thanks a mill for Reply

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 101 ✭✭Hot_Fuzz

Thanks

Do a career services or similar, you can jump hugely in OOM in these stages

Hot_Fuzz wrote: »
    Do a career services or similar, you can jump hugely in OOM in these stages

Thanks

Thanks a mill for Reply

No problem! Best of luck! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 113 ✭✭r1gskcn9p3y75o

Thanks

Also a lot will drop out or fail at stage 2 meaning available spaces there are points the whole way along where peoples will be potentially failing so keep working towards it.

Deano.f87 wrote: »
    Also a lot will drop out or fail at stage 2 meaning available spaces there are points the whole way along where peoples will be potentially failing so keep working towards it.

Thanks a mill for Reply ðŸ‘

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 396 ✭✭Monkeysgomad

Hey, cousin of mine got through stage 2. Booked in for one of the days this month for the exam in Dublin, where they normally are. Got a phone call a week before that it was moved to templemore, anyone else have this happen? He was after booking train up and all

Hey, cousin of mine got through stage 2. Booked in for one of the days this month for the exam in Dublin, where they normally are. Got a phone call a week before that it was moved to templemore, anyone else have this happen? He was after booking train up and all

Got a phone call? Got moved to templemore? I have never heard of this happening before! :confused::confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭vardy98

Got a phone call? Got moved to templemore? I have never heard of this happening before! :confused::confused:

What??? Are u now doing stage 2 down in templemore???

vardy98 wrote: »
    What??? Are u now doing stage 2 down in templemore???

I have no idea what is happening!? :confused::confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 396 ✭✭Monkeysgomad

Not me doing the stage 2, I got through but haven’t been called yet. Anyway he was due to go to Dublin for it but they rang saying the date he’s doing it had been moved down to templemore to the Garda college itself!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,208 ✭✭✭✭B.A._Baracus

Interesting.
    Didnt know that. I ranked some where in the 2,000s. Cheers.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Lotrail

Hey guys,

Any info on Stage 3? Is it purely competency based? Will they ask any other question outside of this? I am considering doing a course but kinda want to know what's ahead also.

Also wondering would anyone know when the Irish kicks in for the Fluent Irish stream like would this interview be in Irish?

Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 286 ✭✭GavK

Is the running order of tasks to be completed on Stage 2 as follows ?

• Task 1: Verbal Reasoning (25 minutes’ duration for 15 questions)
    • Task 2: Logical Reasoning (25 minutes’ duration for 15 questions)
    • Task 3: Job Simulation Exercise (20 minutes for 13 scenarios)
    • Task 4: Report Writing Exercise (30 minutes to write report)

This is from the familiarisation e-mail on public jobs.

Career Services suggests that Report Writing comes before the job simulation.

Would appreciate any info, thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 21 maryf97

GavK wrote: »
    Is the running order of tasks to be completed on Stage 2 as follows ?

• Task 1: Verbal Reasoning (25 minutes’ duration for 15 questions)
    • Task 2: Logical Reasoning (25 minutes’ duration for 15 questions)
    • Task 3: Job Simulation Exercise (20 minutes for 13 scenarios)
    • Task 4: Report Writing Exercise (30 minutes to write report)

This is from the familiarisation e-mail on public jobs.

Career Services suggests that Report Writing comes before the job simulation.

Would appreciate any info, thanks.

The order of tasks in the familiarisation e-mail is correct. Report Writing comes after Job Simulation.

• Advertisement

Lotrail wrote: »
    Hey guys,

Any info on Stage 3? Is it purely competency based? Will they ask any other question outside of this? I am considering doing a course but kinda want to know what's ahead also.

Also wondering would anyone know when the Irish kicks in for the Fluent Irish stream like would this interview be in Irish?

Thanks!

Is there any point in booking one now hopefully results are our this week.

• Registered Users Posts: 15 MrDave21

Well guys, hope everyone got what they wanted from stage 2. I placed 162. Do you reckon I'll be long waiting to be called for an interview?

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭revenent

Those who conducted first batch interviews the results are out today! Good luck all!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 393 ✭✭MrMiata

I just got accepted into stage 2.
    I completed stage 1 an hour before it closed after completely forgetting about the application!

I was adamant I wasn't getting through, but obviously not.

I also just got word the college course I was starting won't me to choose the choices I put down.. so the there's no point in me even doing the degree!

MrMiata wrote: »
    I just got accepted into stage 2.
    I completed stage 1 an hour before it closed after completely forgetting about the application!

I was adamant I wasn't getting through, but obviously not.

I also just got word the college course I was starting won't me to choose the choices I put down.. so the there's no point in me even doing the degree!

If you do a four year degree you start on higher pay after probation I think its 4 points higher

Advertisement