Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Can I get a decent grade in HL Irish if I use a simple structure?

Options
  • 23-10-2018 11:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 134 ✭✭

Hey. So I hate Irish. Always been awful at it and for some reason I got a C in my JC at HL so I decided to stick with it. I'm not going to use it for points so I'm doing Applied Maths outside school (thank god for this subject)

Anyways I still want to try do well in Irish because why not. When I was in 3rd year in 2016-2017 I tried to use big complex sentences but it didn't work and I lost a lot of marks for Grammer.

Now I'm in 5th year and I'm just using the basics. We had a poetry test worth 15 marks the other day. I think 5 marks is for Grammer? I'm sure I got the information all right but my Grammer was so basically (my vocab was nice though) and I did it all in the past tense and used "bhi" and "mhotaigh" a lot.

Anyways all I'm saying is can I still get a decent enough grade in HL Irish if I use a simple structure

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,382 ✭✭✭✭rainbowtrout

Honestly nax, you need to stop posting new threads on 'how can i get X grade in Y subject'. You're going to have a breakdown in Leaving Cert if you keep going the way you are going, and it's not fair to other LC students who use the forum to see it hogged in such a way.

Do your homework at night, if you have some spare time do some study. Stop focusing on grades in class tests. A H3 in a class test in October does not determine your grade in the LC in 2020.

Advertisement