Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Payslip query?

Options
  • 24-10-2018 7:41am
    Registered Users Posts: 596 ✭✭✭

Hi I have attached my payslip. Can anyone tell me if I have been emergency taxed. I can’t tell I rang revenue 2 weeks ago and they said they would put the emergency tax on my old job which I got paid monthly (final payment end of this month). I get paid every two weeks and should come out with just under a grand every 2 weeks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24,644 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

Tax take looks very high alright.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,073 ✭✭✭rn

Hi I have attached my payslip. Can anyone tell me if I have been emergency taxed. I can’t tell I rang revenue 2 weeks ago and they said they would put the emergency tax on my old job which I got paid monthly (final payment end of this month). I get paid every two weeks and should come out with just under a grand every 2 weeks.
    It's your employers job to collect tax at source on behalf of revenue... So I don't know how revenue could make that call. Looks like no tax credits applied so you paid full tax on your salary in this job. New employer needs to get communication from revenue about your tax credits would be my view on it.

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 13,515 ✭✭✭✭antodeco

Your taxable pay was the same as your gross pay, which suggests no tax credit. Is his your main job OP? Is this your first payslip in his job? Have you worked before?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,866 ✭✭✭daheff

looks like it. no tax credits on your payslip.

have you signed up to myrevenue. ie?

you can see there if your credits are moved (or instruct the move if not).

good news is you'll get a bumper takehome pay next time you get paid (once it's fixed).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,112 ✭✭✭Maz2016

Yes, your on a week 1 basis. Which means you pay minimum tax but it’ll increase every period until it’s sorted their usually fairly quick getting back to employer so should be sorted this week, if not definitely the next one

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 596 ✭✭✭lcstress2012

antodeco wrote: »
    Your taxable pay was the same as your gross pay, which suggests no tax credit. Is his your main job OP? Is this your first payslip in his job? Have you worked before?

Yeah this my main full time job. And it’s my first payslip in this job. Yes I have worked before. In my last job I got monthly pay and left that job the end of September. So that means I should get my final pay the end of this month. Should I get my p45 with that too as I haven’t got that from previous employer??

• Registered Users Posts: 24,395 ✭✭✭✭lawred2

Maz2016 wrote: »
    Yes, your on a week 1 basis. Which means you pay minimum tax but it’ll increase every period until it’s sorted their usually fairly quick getting back to employer so should be sorted this week, if not definitely the next one

I don't think that is right anyway. The deductions there are all at the top rates. Not minimum tax rates.

Op, you've no tax credits or bands on record with this company. Have you have recently changed jobs? Have you been given a P45?

lawred2 wrote: »
    I don't think that is right anyway. The deductions there are all at the top rates. Not minimum tax rates.

Op, you've no tax credits or bands on record with this company. Have you have recently changed jobs? Have you been given a P45?

Yes I started a new job 3 weeks ago but haven’t yet received my p45 as my final pay from old job in end of month. Should this all be sorted once I send p45 to new employer ?

• Registered Users Posts: 24,395 ✭✭✭✭lawred2

Yes I started a new job 3 weeks ago but haven’t yet received my p45 as my final pay from old job in end of month. Should this all be sorted once I send p45 to new employer ?

Should be yes. You'll probably get overpayment back in your next pay if you have the P45 in before payroll cutoff.

• Registered Users Posts: 692 ✭✭✭atticu

Yeah this my main full time job. And it’s my first payslip in this job. Yes I have worked before. In my last job I got monthly pay and left that job the end of September. So that means I should get my final pay the end of this month. Should I get my p45 with that too as I haven’t got that from previous employer??

You left your last job at the end of September and you were paid at the end of September for September, so you won’t get any more pay from that job in October. Unless they owe you holiday pay, or you worked a few days there in October.

• Advertisement

atticu wrote: »
    You left your last job at the end of September and you were paid at the end of September for September, so you won’t get any more pay from that job in October. Unless they owe you holiday pay, or you worked a few days there in October.

I will get paid at the end of October because I worked days after the cut off point and I’ll get any unpaid holidays.

• Registered Users Posts: 319 ✭✭nitros7

If you login to the revenue online portal you can manage your tax credits yourself. You can transfer all your credits from your old job to your new job with zero hassle. Removes the issue of relying on someone else to do their job :) and all should be in place for you next payday!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,280 ✭✭✭Ninthlife

Don't move any tax credits or rate band if you are still due to be paid from your old employer.

Your current payslip is correct based on the fact that this months credits and rate band are being utilized by another employer.

When you receive your last pay from the other employer you then may move your credits and rate band and also ensure you receive your P45. Once your Revenue record is updated then your current employer will be able to tax you at the correct rates.

Advertisement