Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Live Nation

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 14,505 Mod ✭✭✭✭johnnyskeleton

Do Live Nation own Festival Republic, Ticketmaster etc?

The impression I get is that all festivals, bar EP and Glastonbury, are extremely risky and in an over saturated market I'm not surprised they make a loss. It's a shame though, would like to see smaller festivals doing well!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,914 ✭✭✭Rigor Mortis

Do Live Nation own Festival Republic, Ticketmaster etc?

The impression I get is that all festivals, bar EP and Glastonbury, are extremely risky and in an over saturated market I'm not surprised they make a loss. It's a shame though, would like to see smaller festivals doing well!

https://festipalooza.home.blog/2018/09/20/festival-ownership-a-small-club/

So, in the UK anyway, the Live Nation / FR ownership is at about 26% and rising. In the last few years they have picked up Isle of Wight and Camp Bestival. They are also incredibly vertically integrated, doing ticketing and management of acts.

Personally, i think anyone starting a festival on their own is incredibly brave or mad.

Advertisement