Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

customs holding package

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 137 ✭✭edwardkiley

....... wrote: »
    But you wouldnt face the kind of regulation you face as a private individual if you were working through the proper channels.

It will be the same in any country :confused::confused::confused:

no its not the same in any country. people in the uk buy racetam compounds without any trouble.

I was talking to some guy from germany who bought the exact same product I bought from the same source and he said it came through no problem all he had to do was pay an import fee.

this country is a piece of sh1t. no freedom.

RiseToMe wrote: »
    It may get a "with customs" status but they can be hit and miss.

Get in touch with Revenue for future imports, they will come out assess your set up and give you a letter of authorisation, they'll want to see your destruction process and witness it on a rolling basis for all destruction. That's what we've done anyway. Assuming it is actually research purpose.

but there has been no updates at all since arriving in dublin. I have seen from other posts on this website people get told on tracking its being sent to customs. but maybe that was because it was not with usps.

also I am confused cause the supplier said to me he sent the product to lots of people in ireland before with no problems.

how long does it take the hpra/customs to send a letter to me letter does anyone know?

also is there any chance they could send it back to the supplier so I can get a refund?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,200 ✭✭✭troyzer

Everything you've just said can be explained by the fact that a lot of the time, they get through undetected and you're the unlucky one.

• Registered Users Posts: 978 ✭✭✭arrianalexander

no its not the same in any country. people in the uk buy racetam compounds without any trouble.

I was talking to some guy from germany who bought the exact same product I bought from the same source and he said it came through no problem all he had to do was pay an import fee.

I'm sorry, the laws and regulations are there to protect influx of medicine that may or may not be approved etc

No one is saying you can't obtain what you want , you just have to go through the correct channels which in this case would be your university.

I assume the ethics committee of the University will raise questions where you sourced your material and then will question why didn't you go through the correct channels.

Approach the University, and ask and let them guide you

Best of luck with your research

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 69,013 ✭✭✭✭L1011

also is there any chance they could send it back to the supplier so I can get a refund?

Not a hope.

If it has been stopped, by the time the letter arrives it will have been destroyed.

I'm sorry, the laws and regulations are there to protect influx of medicine that may or may not be approved etc

No one is saying you can't obtain what you want , you just have to go through the correct channels which in this case would be your university.

I assume the ethics committee of the University will raise questions where you sourced your material and then will question why didn't you go through the correct channels.

Approach the University, and ask and let them guide you

Best of luck with your research

the laws are not there to protect me, its to keep the money going to irish pharmacies. I should be allowed to take the risk it should be my own choice. the supplier i got off had US COAs which I looked through before and had 98% assays.

• Registered Users Posts: 978 ✭✭✭arrianalexander

the laws are not there to protect me, its to keep the money going to irish pharmacies. I should be allowed to take the risk it should be my own choice. the supplier i got off had US COAs which I looked through before and had 98% assays.

It's your opinion you should be unfortunately it is not , I'm not saying you are right or wrong but this is why customs have taken your order as per your original question of where the item have gone to .

My advise would as early go through the University to source it if you want to continue the research. They will advise both on sourcing and what will be acceptable sourcing for the material

Hopefully you will get your research done, best of luck

• Registered Users Posts: 255 ✭✭The Hound Gone Wild

You're studying pharmaceutical chemistry and you're wondering why it's a bad idea for the general public to have access to mail order drugs with unknown origin?

Also you're studying pharmaceutical chemistry and you want to take piracetam as a study aid?

Jesus.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,222 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

You're studying pharmaceutical chemistry and you're wondering why it's a bad idea for the general public to have access to mail order drugs with unknown origin?

Also you're studying pharmaceutical chemistry and you want to take piracetam as a study aid?

Jesus.

This x 1000.

• Advertisement

Jesus.

ye they should be allowed to have access to them, its up to people to do there own research and make informed decisions other wise everyone suffers like i am right now. piracetam is harmless in Ld50s so there is no risk. the origin is known if you look into it. I looked at there syth pathways in the COAs and there was no risk of toxic by products. they took the necessary steps in the
    recrystallizing process to exclude the contaminants which were not soluble in ethanol.

I want to take piracetam to see its in vivo biological effects. Im into drug design so I want to know if cylic or pyrrolidine derivatives of GABA are even worthwhile. i am thinking about doing a synth for a succinimide group bonded N on GABA but to see if these are worthwhile i have to do them myself.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,057 ✭✭✭.......

You know that you are as free as a bird to move to Germany if you wish?

• Registered Users Posts: 69,013 ✭✭✭✭L1011

This thread has run its course and was never an actual consumer issue anyway

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement