Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Phone, TV and Broadband down

Options
  • 24-10-2018 11:12am
    Registered Users Posts: 36

Hi,

We have been without our Eir phone, broadband and TV since last Friday, 19th October. 

Using your "chat now" service,  I was eventually able to log a fault. Using this service, I found that when being transferred to Technical Services, the chat session would often end after 5 minutes of waiting. this was obviusly very frustrating. After running some tests, the technical services representative advised that an engineer would have to call out.

On Monday, an engineer called out. Nobody was home at the time. I got a text to say that the fault had been repaired. When I arrived home, I found that it was not repaired. What's more, since the engineer's visit, my next door neighbour cannot access the Internet. They are also an Eir customer. 

As per the intructions on the text message, I replied "Unresolved".

I also tried to ring customer care but after 20 minutes waiting, the call was cut off. I went on to the "Chat Now" service to try to escalate my issue but all I got was that an engineer will have to call back out.

So after 5 days of waiting and hours spent either in contact or trying to contact customer care,  we are still without service. This is causing major disruption to both my neighbour and I, as we both work from home. Can you tell me when my issue will be resolved?

Also, am I entitled to some sort of compensation due to the interruption in service?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 419 ✭✭eir: Kyle

ThomasAlan wrote: »
    Hi,

We have been without our Eir phone, broadband and TV since last Friday, 19th October. 

Using your "chat now" service,  I was eventually able to log a fault. Using this service, I found that when being transferred to Technical Services, the chat session would often end after 5 minutes of waiting. this was obviusly very frustrating. After running some tests, the technical services representative advised that an engineer would have to call out.

On Monday, an engineer called out. Nobody was home at the time. I got a text to say that the fault had been repaired. When I arrived home, I found that it was not repaired. What's more, since the engineer's visit, my next door neighbour cannot access the Internet. They are also an Eir customer. 

I also tried to ring customer care but after 20 minutes waiting, the call was cut off. I went on to the "Chat Now" service to try to escalate my issue but all I got was that an engineer will have to call back out.

So after 5 days of waiting and hours spent either in contact or trying to contact customer care,  we are still without service. This is causing major disruption to both my neighbour and I, as we both work from home. Can you tell me when my issue will be resolved?

Also, am I entitled to some sort of compensation due to the interruption in service?
    Hi ThomasAlan

Thank you for getting in touch here.

To log a fault, you can also do so via your "my eir" account. There you would also be able to follow up on that fault. If you responded to the text message as "unresolved", you will be contacted/responded to within 48 hours. If you're seeking compensation, you need to contact 1901 directly after the fault is resolved. They will investigate what happened and deal with your query while on the call

-Kyle

• Registered Users Posts: 36 ThomasAlan

eir: Kyle wrote: »
    Hi,

Hi ThomasAlan

To log a fault, you can also do so via your "my eir" account. There you would also be able to follow up on that fault. If you responded to the text message as "unresolved", you will be contacted/responded to within 48 hours. If you're seeking compensation, you need to contact 1901 directly after the fault is resolved. They will investigate what happened and deal with your query while on the call

-Kyle
    Thanks Kyle.

I have a fault already logged. On "my eir" account, it shows as logged since 19-Oct but no update since. There doesn't seem to be any specific option to follow up on the fault. Do I just sit and wait to be contacted?

With regard to compensation, and with due respect, I have no intention of calling 1901 and waiting for God knows how long to get through. Is there any other avenue?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 419 ✭✭eir: Kyle

eir: Kyle wrote: »
    Hi,

Hi ThomasAlan

-Kyle
    Thanks Kyle.

I have a fault already logged. On "my eir" account, it shows as logged since 19-Oct but no update since. There doesn't seem to be any specific option to follow up on the fault. Do I just sit and wait to be contacted?

With regard to compensation, and with due respect, I have no intention of calling 1901 and waiting for God knows how long to get through. Is there any other avenue?
    Hi there ThomasAlan

If you logged the fault and it's been over 48 hours, you can select "Check Fault Status" just above where you log a fault in the "more" section of your "my eir" account

-Kyle

Advertisement