Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

work experience

Options
  • 24-10-2018 12:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Hello, I was just wondering if anyone knows a hospital/pharmacy that accommodates one week of work experience to 5th years for LCVP in February. I have tried most hospitals and pharmacies in Dublin and i can't seem to find anything, it's really frustrating. If anyone can help me out please please please do, thank you smmm

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 27 twiz

Hospitals tend to be tricky when it comes to work experience, but pharmacies should be a bit more accommodating - I would focus on them instead. Make sure you follow up on them - don't just drop your CV in a wait for a reply. Call them after a few days or a week or so, or pop in again to ask if there's any chance you'll be considered. Hope this helps!?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,188 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Go in and speak to the owner, or make an appointment to see them.

Too many TY and Work Experience people email everywhere and then when they go to 'work' in a place, look at their shoes or their phone all day.

Visit places in person. Show you can look someone in the eye and deal with strangers.

Use any contacts you can.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,509 ✭✭✭✭randylonghorn

You might have more luck with an old-fashioned "one-off" owner-managed pharmacy than with a chain like Boots, esp. if just looking for one week WE for TY.

p.s. Haven pharmacies are not a chain, they're a much looser association of independent pharmacies which work together in certain ways, still independent owner-operated though.

• Registered Users Posts: 249 ✭✭jeonahr

The Mater Hospital does a TY programme for a week. I did it 2 years ago when I was in TY.

Advertisement