Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Good Quality Affordable Smart Watches?

Options
  • 24-10-2018 3:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭

Looking into buying a smart watch. The Samsung option seems to be very pricey and other options seem to be more fitness orientated. Any suggestions?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭JoeCat

I have Xiaomi Amazfit, the round one, I think it's called Pace. I've had it for over a year now, it's been good for running but notifications barely work anymore and battery usually lasts 1 day. I was checking the Amazfit Startos 2 but I would imagine I would end up with the same issues.

I am also thinking of getting a different one. I was looking also into the Samsung ones but I can see that they are pricey and limited to own reduced Samsung apps (for example, despite having NFC, Samsung Pay is not supported in Ireland, so unable to use NFC for payments and Google pay can not be loaded to the Samsung watches.

Anyone knows of a good smartwatch, that has Android pay + notifications + long battery + running apps?

Any good Huwaei? Anyone using the Ticwatch Pro?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,813 ✭✭✭peteb2

JoeCat wrote:

Big thread in the android forum.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,291 ✭✭✭meep

I have a Fossil. Maybe not budget but it’s 2 years old, has no battery issues (can get well over 24 hours on a charge), still gets all the Android wear updates and has amazing support (they replaced a faulty one purchased in US from their uk support center after 3 months without any hassle).

The extra cash upfront bears dividends over time.

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭pekitivey

JoeCat wrote: »
    I have Xiaomi Amazfit, the round one, I think it's called Pace. I've had it for over a year now, it's been good for running but notifications barely work anymore and battery usually lasts 1 day. I was checking the Amazfit Startos 2 but I would imagine I would end up with the same issues.

I am also thinking of getting a different one. I was looking also into the Samsung ones but I can see that they are pricey and limited to own reduced Samsung apps (for example, despite having NFC, Samsung Pay is not supported in Ireland, so unable to use NFC for payments and Google pay can not be loaded to the Samsung watches.

Anyone knows of a good smartwatch, that has Android pay + notifications + long battery + running apps?

Funnily enough I just bought a Xiaomi Phone and really enjoying it, I might look into those watches too. Never really thought of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭JoeCat

I have a Xiaomi phone for the last 3 to 4 years and price wise it much better than the other brands.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17 MoMo2020

Huawei Band 2 looks like nice smartwatch from a good brand. Although it looks more of a fitness tracker but can be linked easily to android smartphones. You can find them for around 40 euros online (Amazon UK)

Advertisement