Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Changing electricity provider while in credit with current provider

Options
  • 24-10-2018 6:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 11,522 ✭✭✭✭

Hi all,

I'm currently with Bord Gais for electricity and thinking of switching when the contract period is up next March.

Since I'm on level pay, I've built up quite a bit of credit with them and I'm concerned that when I decide to switch I may have some left over.

In general, when you switch provider and you're in credit with them, will they refund the credit upon leaving or will I lose it?

Thanks for your help!

"The internet never fails to misremember" - Sebastian Ruiz, aka Frost

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,819 ✭✭✭Silent Running

I left Bord Gais with a credit balance due to level pay. It was refunded promptly when I requested it.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,522 ✭✭✭✭the_amazing_raisin

I left Bord Gais with a credit balance due to level pay. It was refunded promptly when I requested it.

Good to know, just to be sure, did they refund it voluntarily or did you have to chase them?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,819 ✭✭✭Silent Running

Good to know, just to be sure, did they refund it voluntarily or did you have to chase them?

No issues whatsoever, they sent it back to the account the DD was set up on, the day after I requested it.

Now Vodafone, on the other hand... :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 11,522 ✭✭✭✭the_amazing_raisin

No issues whatsoever, they sent it back to the account the DD was set up on, the day after I requested it.

Now Vodafone, on the other hand... :mad:

Excellent, thanks for the help :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 69,013 ✭✭✭✭L1011

You have to ask, once. They won't refund it automatically but they are absolutely fine in doing so when asked.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,740 ✭✭✭Xterminator

Same here , had to ask. Received cheque in post.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,577 ✭✭✭Gooser14

Since I'm on level pay, I've built up quite a bit of credit with them and I'm concerned that when I decide to switch I may have some left over.

You should ask them to review your level pay amount with a view to reducing them for the remainder of your contract. I'm with BGE & have had them review my level pay amount a number of times.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,969 ✭✭✭cute geoge

I was with sse airtricity and switched ,but had no clue i had credit .I got my bank a/c credited and would not have known but also got a text!!!!

Advertisement