Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Moblies

Options
  • 24-10-2018 6:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 12

I bought a mobile on line a couple of weeks ago and found it didn't suit, I put my sim in and did all the work, so now can I return it or what can I do to delete all the info I put on it.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 69,013 ✭✭✭✭L1011

There is close to no chance of a return.

Cooling off period for online purchases, which require the item to be returned resaleable, is 14 days from delivery. If you are within this and the item is legitimately resaleable you can return it for a refund but it doesn't sound like it is - even the charger cable being uncoiled or the plastic wrapping taken off the screen is sufficient to make it not resaleable.

You would be best selling the phone on adverts or donedeal, assuming it is paid for outright.

A factory reset - found under Settings on an Android and somewhere similar on an iPhone - will remove all the data from it.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,740 ✭✭✭Xterminator

Hi OP

your not entitled to any remedy for a change of mind. It may still be worth your while contacting them and asking for an exchange, you may get a goodwill gesture from the retailer.

Bear in mind they cannot now sell that phone as a new phone, and if they refunded or exchanged, they would be taking a loss.

Advertisement