Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How hard is it to get a H3+ in English Poetry

Options
  • 24-10-2018 7:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 134 ✭✭

Okay so im in 5th year. I've been getting H1's in Chem, Physics and Biology. Got my Irish test back and it was a H3 which is fine. We had a mini applied maths test and i got a H1. Got a H2 in Maths and awaiting my frenh result

My teacher corrected some of the English and he said they were awful so far and the highest so far was 49%. This was a question on a poet. I wrote a significant amount of pages for it and covered all poems and themes used quotes and techniques and went in depth. My teacher hasn't corrected mine yet but I'm freaking out. This is HL English btw.

How hard is it to get at least a H3 in an English poetry question?

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,188 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Please don't base your LC grade expectations on tests on a small part of the syllabus in 5th year.

Do what your teacher tells you in terms of structuring your answers. It doesn't matter how many pages you write if it is does not answer the question in a coherent way.
    If you want to post up your answer others here can point out where you are going wrong (if you are).

You need to stop focussing on grades at this stage.

Advertisement