Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Iphone 6S plus battery now logic board?

Options
  • 24-10-2018 8:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 322 ✭✭

Booked my iphone 6S plus into an authorised service provider for a battery replacement via apple support.

They installed a new battery, unfortunately "the device refused it", the display is now non responsive , and they suspect this is a logic board issue. They're now sending the phone to Apple.

Anyone know if this is a common issue or have an idea of how long it will take to turn around?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,235 ✭✭✭✭Cee-Jay-Cee

When I got my battery replaced in my 6S at Apple store in Belfast they warned me that in very rare cases the phone wont work with the new battery in which case they’ll give me a new replacement phone. Unfortunately the phone didn’t reject the battery and I left with my old phone and new battery.

I’m guessing in your case that as it was an authorised agent they’ll give you a replacement phone as I doubt repairing a 6 would be cost effective.

• Registered Users Posts: 322 ✭✭spitonmedickie

Thanks! Seems to be my situation. Not a bad outcome I guess if I end up with a replacement phone that will do me for another few years but I'm a bit peeved it wasn't flagged that this could happen - would have taken more numbers off it, let a few people know I would be incommunicado etc which I hadn't as it was to be a 1/2 day thing not longer.

Advertisement