Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Garda recruitment 2018 stage 4.

• 24-10-2018 8:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7

Hello, has anyone who passed the recent interview stage (Sept 18) been called for medical or fitness yet. Thanks.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35 SHIELDSRED

Kilnap61 wrote: »
    Hello, has anyone who passed the recent interview stage (Sept 18) been called for medical or fitness yet. Thanks.

Nope,.. havnt heard a thing. Will be after Christmas I'd say, previous people saying its >6months wait

• Closed Accounts Posts: 166 ✭✭fmp3d26og54yi9

I had my interview mid Sept. I received my results early Oct and I haven't heard a thing since! I rang Garda HQ who had confirmed that my file has gone through to vetting for processing but to keep an eye on my emails for the PCT.

Hate not knowing whats happening!

I had my interview on the 17th Sept. I received my results on the 2nd Oct and I haven't heard a thing since! I rang Garda HQ who had confirmed that my file has gone through to vetting for processing but to keep an eye on my emails for the PCT.

Hate not knowing whats happening!

It's grim not knowing.. who did u ring at HQ would like to ring too and see of mine is gone through.

Thanks

SHIELDSRED wrote: »
    It's grim not knowing.. who did u ring at HQ would like to ring too and see of mine is gone through.

Thanks

I just rang 01 666 0000 and asked for the Garda Recruitment section. They pulled up my file and confirmed it has gone through for processing to the vetting office.

Keep us updated here if you wouldnt mind if you hear anything on the PCT or Medical.

Thanks!

I've heard from someone who started in Templemore on 22nd Oct that the next intake is supposed to be in 12 weeks time. However, with vetting still being processed and medical and fitness yet to do I doubt very much that we will be in that intake. So i'm guessing it might be 24weeks approx. when we get to Templemore but they are trying to push things along to get people in so you never know! How are ye doing with the fitness prep? What are ye all doing for it? My VO2 max isn't great. Only hitting 5.2 on the bleep atm so I need to build that up to 7 anyway in order to reach the requirement for me of 6.6.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,549 ✭✭✭kub

Sorry, I just stumbled upon this thread.

Not sure if ye know but there are lots of threads about this subject here on boards :

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=1023

kub wrote: »
    Sorry, I just stumbled upon this thread.

Not sure if ye know but there are lots of threads about this subject here on boards :

Thanks a mill :)

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭Uweir32

I've heard from someone who started in Templemore on 22nd Oct that the next intake is supposed to be in 12 weeks time. However, with vetting still being processed and medical and fitness yet to do I doubt very much that we will be in that intake. So i'm guessing it might be 24weeks approx. when we get to Templemore but they are trying to push things along to get people in so you never know! How are ye doing with the fitness prep? What are ye all doing for it? My VO2 max isn't great. Only hitting 5.2 on the bleep atm so I need to build that up to 7 anyway in order to reach the requirement for me of 6.6.

I was told in August in pas that the first fitness tests would be around January time

Uweir32 wrote: »
    I was told in August in pas that the first fitness tests would be around January time

What are ye doing to prep for fitness? Im just starting the gym to build strength and increase my VO2max to get better on the beep test. Only able to hit 5.2 atm and need min 6.6 for the PCT.

I need to hit 6.6 too. I haven’t tried it yet going to do one this weekend. I’ve just changed to mostly cardio for mine and some resistance circuits etc to get he fitness up and weight down

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,440 ✭✭✭run_Forrest_run

What are ye doing to prep for fitness? Im just starting the gym to build strength and increase my VO2max to get better on the beep test. Only able to hit 5.2 atm and need min 6.6 for the PCT.

judging from some of the lumps I've seen in Garda uniform you'd want to be hitting the cakes big time to fail ;)

judging from some of the lumps I've seen in Garda uniform you'd want to be hitting the cakes big time to fail ;)

Hahaha Ya I dunno how some get away with it! It says you have to have a BMI between 18-25. I've another bit to lose but i've already lost 3 stone. hittin the gym this week to prep but a lot of strength training to build leg muscle to help me speed up. I smoke which doesn't help me so they'll have to go too.:P

I need to hit 6.6 too. I haven’t tried it yet going to do one this weekend. I’ve just changed to mostly cardio for mine and some resistance circuits etc to get he fitness up and weight down

Cool! I downloaded the bleep test app and gonna keep testing myself to make sure I'm improving.

OMG I just got a call from my local sergeant to come in for the chat! Does that mean I've passed garda vetting?

OMG I just got a call from my local sergeant to come in for the chat! Does that mean I've passed garda vetting?

When did you have your interview?
    That sounds like a good sign anyway

When did you have your interview?
    That sounds like a good sign anyway

Had my interview Sept 2018. Results received early Oct.

So you were the interview batch before me I only got my results on Tuesday my OOM is 188 I didn’t expect anything until after Christmas

• Registered Users Posts: 15 Paddyjken

I did my interview on the 17th and also got my results on the 2nd, but haven't heard anything. OOM is 59 but i have family in England, France and Canada. I've heard this really slows the vetting. Good to know they are getting through them though.

Paddyjken wrote: »
    I did my interview on the 17th and also got my results on the 2nd, but haven't heard anything. OOM is 59 but i have family in England, France and Canada. I've heard this really slows the vetting. Good to know they are getting through them though.

Have you spoken with Garda HQ? I rang them 2 weeks ago to check on the progress and they confirmed to me that my file had gone to vetting for processing.

• Registered Users Posts: 15 Paddyjken

Have you spoken with Garda HQ? I rang them 2 weeks ago to check on the progress and they confirmed to me that my file had gone to vetting for processing.

Ya same as that, i rang them last week and they said its in the vetting stage. Asked them would there be a hold up because of having family broad and they said they do not know but ive read a few times on here that it can slow everything down.

Just a waiting game now i suppose..

• Advertisement

Paddyjken wrote: »
    Ya same as that, i rang them last week and they said its in the vetting stage. Asked them would there be a hold up because of having family broad and they said they do not know but ive read a few times on here that it can slow everything down.

Just a waiting game now i suppose..

It might not hold it up. it would be different if you had family in South America or something where everything is slow to come back. But England France and Canada I would think are fairly regimental

I have just had an invitation to Templemore open day to run through what the fitness test entails. Hoping this is a good sign and the fact I met with my local sergeant already and they confirmed they would get the paperwork straight back up to vetting to hurry the process.

I have just had an invitation to Templemore open day to run through what the fitness test entails. Hoping this is a good sign and the fact I met with my local sergeant already and they confirmed they would get the paperwork straight back up to vetting to hurry the process.

That's deadly. Yeah got an invite to templemore for Saturday week. Have not heard from local Gardaí yet though.

Would be great if got into happened early next year.. be out for Christmas.

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭Gadaves

Hey passed interview today OOM 380 just wondering if anybody has been for PCT yet?

No call/email for PCT yet or Medical. Just the information day in Templemore on the 24th Nov.

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭wizardofdodge

Any dates given to anyone for physicals in january please?

Nope haven't received a thing yet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,874 ✭✭✭Edgware

No word yet

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭wizardofdodge

I notice people on this or other threads have said they have failed an element of the PCT and have been invited to return and repeat it.
    Is this true?
    I passed mine first time round but as a year had passed I will have to repeat it again and just wondering if I have a safety net so to speak as I believe the turn around from the invite to when you do it is of short notice

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,874 ✭✭✭Edgware

Not yet. Just lash in to the pints and kebabs over the Christmas. You'll be grand

Advertisement