Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eddie Murphy Memorial Marathon and Ultras Sunday 18/11/2018

Options
  • 25-10-2018 12:33am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,400 ✭✭✭

Hi all

Unfortunately it has been decided that this is the final running of this race. I know plenty on here who have ran and enjoyed it (no pun intended). We would like to see as many of you to come down to Clare in November for one last run around bridge.

Double Marathon 7 AM
    Early Marathon 9 AM
    30 Miler 11 AM
    Marathon 12 PM
    Half Marathon 2 PM.

Online Entry

Ger

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,998 ✭✭✭opus

Already entered but sad to hear it's the last one :(

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,365 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

Sad to hear its the last one. Always hoped to make it over to do this some day in memory of my dear old friend. :( Hope the last running of the event goes well Ger.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,038 ✭✭✭Neady83

Can't make it this year as I've to travel for work. Sad to hear that it will be no more as it was novel, mighty craic and the comradery among runners was great.

No Clarinbridge loop de loop this year and no more Eddie Murphy :( Very sad to see some really good low key races in the West fall off the calendar.

• Registered Users Posts: 531 ✭✭✭overthebridge

There's a gang of us making the short spin out from Limerick City for this. Looking forward to it!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,998 ✭✭✭opus

Nice weather for the event today thankfully. Was talking to the event director & he was hopeful of having some sort of event next year although might not be quite the same format.

Huge thanks to the many volunteers for their unflagging enthusiasm & the much needed hot soup at the end!

Congrats to ger664 on second place in the double marathon, the thought of running up that little hill 52 times just makes my head spin :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,400 ✭✭✭ger664

opus wrote: »

Congrats to ger664 on second place in the double marathon

Congrats to opus on 2nd place in the 30 Miler. Right pair of bridesmaids.

• Registered Users Posts: 902 ✭✭✭JMSE

Great event, totally unique, a tough hill followed by a run back down again. I ran Berlin and DCM in the past 2 months and pb’d today in Sixmilebridge!
    Thanks to all involved for putting on a great day out and for being so supportive.

Advertisement