Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Changed @eircom.net PW, now can't log in!

Options
  • 25-10-2018 6:02am
    Registered Users Posts: 20,836 ✭✭✭✭

I followed the steps to change my @eircom.net password and it all completed fine, but now I can't log in. When I try login to webmail, it says "The username or password you've entered has not been recognised"... but when I go to "change password" and enter the details of current username and password, it takes me to the next step to change password... if I try this step again with what I know is a wrong password, it tells me the password is incorrect. This is the only place my new password is recognised, but I can't login to either webmail and when I try to login to My Eir, it says my account is temporarily blocked?

Please let me know a solution asap!

EDIT: Ah here... so it seems now that I can login to webmail with my own password, but not with my new password... but when I go to the change password link again, and put in the old password to change it to a new password, it says these details are incorrect, but accepts the new password. So looks like I can get to mail with old password and can change password with the new password, so both passwords are active at the same time?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 419 ✭✭eir: Kyle

cormie wrote: »
    I followed the steps to change my @eircom.net password and it all completed fine, but now I can't log in. When I try login to webmail, it says "The username or password you've entered has not been recognised"... but when I go to "change password" and enter the details of current username and password, it takes me to the next step to change password... if I try this step again with what I know is a wrong password, it tells me the password is incorrect. This is the only place my new password is recognised, but I can't login to either webmail and when I try to login to My Eir, it says my account is temporarily blocked?

Please let me know a solution asap!

EDIT: Ah here... so it seems now that I can login to webmail with my own password, but not with my new password... but when I go to the change password link again, and put in the old password to change it to a new password, it says these details are incorrect, but accepts the new password. So looks like I can get to mail with old password and can change password with the new password, so both passwords are active at the same time?
    Hi there cormie

If you're still having issues, I would suggest contacting the Webmail Team directly at wmsupport@eir.ie with all your account information and they will be able to assist you with any queries you might have

-Kyle

• Registered Users Posts: 20,836 ✭✭✭✭cormie

It seems to be ok now, maybe it just took some time for the system to update fully. Thanks :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 419 ✭✭eir: Kyle

cormie wrote: »
    It seems to be ok now, maybe it just took some time for the system to update fully. Thanks :)
    Glad to hear this, cormie

-Kyle

Advertisement