Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General Arcade & Retro Chat' Special Championship Edition

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 34,816 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

Anyone having trouble with deliveries at the moment? Seems An Post have lost my Gateninety order that had some arcade parts for me and a couple of other people.

Absolute pain in the face, I rarely do group orders so it's typical that it's happened now.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,586 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

I've a gift for someone coming in from Iceland, the country not the freezer shop, and it is taking ages.

Waiting for customs to take their pound of flesh but there must be a delay in there

• Registered Users Posts: 3,719 ✭✭✭The Last Bandit

I wouldn't wish shopping in Iceland on my worst enemy - the freezer shop not the country :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,241 ✭✭✭KeRbDoG

• Registered Users Posts: 2,920 ✭✭✭TechnoFreek

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,242 ✭✭✭DaveyDave

Iceland had a hoisin duck pizza at one point though, can't go wrong with that combo...

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,269 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

I miss their Gino D'Acampo pizzas.

Master of the Universe

My mam still pronounces that 'h-usheen sauce' as in my name with a H at the start.

It's been too many years now to correct her 😂

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,269 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Edge level bad take:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,153 ✭✭✭Quigs Snr

I enjoyed extermination.. even if it looked like a PS1.5 game rather than a PS2 game when it came out..... but better than Silent Hill 2 ? You're having a laugh !

Although that being said, I never did play Silent Hill 2, the girlfriend at the time played through it so I saw a fair bit of it, I must see if its available on any of the portable devices out there so I can give it a go and run through it myself - when I get through my attempt to finish all of the Final Fantasy games in sequence..

• Advertisement

Honestly play the PS2 original or else the Xbox version. The only other option is a fan modded version of the PC version to bring the graphical effects up to the level of the PS2 and getting it working on modern systems.

The 'remaster' in the silent hill collection is an absolute travesty

• Registered Users Posts: 4,153 ✭✭✭Quigs Snr

Just browsing through the collection at lunchtime there, I do have it on OG Xbox.. but not on PS2. Is this one of those cases where the PS2 version is actually better ?

The best version is the PS2 greatest hits version which includes the 'Born from a Wish' scenario that as added to the XBox release. But the differences are minor between XBox and PS2. Lighting is a marginally better on XBox but it's missing some visual effects, video quality is worse and there's sound bugs.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,933 ✭✭✭Mr.Saturn

Strange question, but is there a way to stop a particular seller appearing your Adverts search results? Wading through reposters is getting a bit tedious when looking for stuff.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,586 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

If you click on your username, can you block a user, and therefore anything they are selling?

No dice sadly. It’d be handy, results are constantly flooded by reposts/duplicates. Adverts doesn’t seem to be policing it anyways.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,635 ✭✭✭Inviere

I've certain alerts set up, and what pisses me off is the like of bartops flooded with games and Chinese emulation shitboxes tagged with keywords that trigger my alerts, does my head in.

You'd think they'd be more on the ball with the reposts at least, it's costing them money when people just post the same ad again and again to circumvent the bump/premium fees.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,790 ✭✭✭Jack burton

Anyone have someplace to buy good fully pinned Scart leads. Have some VCRs etc I want get all hooked up to my tvs

Master of the Universe

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,790 ✭✭✭Jack burton

So all those fancy "gold played 1990's hi def" cables will make zero difference?

Master of the Universe

Well you can get fancy sheilded cables to help remove interference but video tapes themselves are encoded in composite if you get me.

So the VCR will only be outputting composite video, like a stock NES and the likes.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,986 ✭✭✭✭Tom Mann Centuria

Stadia shutting up shop but looks like people are getting their money back so hopefully a few here will get a few bob back.

Oh well, give me an easy life and a peaceful death.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,635 ✭✭✭Inviere

I will miss the service, certainly always worked well for me and the library of Pro titles was pretty good.

I have no idea how much was spent, but if it works out I might invest it in a Steamdeck or similar.

Master of the Universe

I'm kind of secretly delighted to be honest. Sick of Mega corporations trying to muscle in on everything possible and turn it into a subscription service.

Long live physical consoles!

The Netflix model seems to be so pervasive now.

And, like Netflix, we own nothing in the end.

So, if a game is on the service, we've access, when they decide not to bother supporting it, it's gone.

I'm still annoyed at how Drive Club was treated by Sony, that game was bloody good but the hashed up release and lack of support meant it not only didn't find an audience but you can't buy it or the DLC because they've deleted it.

You can still download it if you bought it, but if you have a physical copy like me, you are out of luck.

Master of the Universe

Pervasive it most definitely is alright. I think a low point was reading there recently about BMW selling monthly subscriptions to use the heat warmers in it's cars in South Korea. Micro transactions in real life!

You know it's bad when you have Netflix, Disney+ and Amazon Prime subscription access and then realise you can't watch a new show you're interested in because you don't have HBO Max.

I've had to go back and resort to fishy downloads for a few items as I don't have every streaming service known to man.

Christ, it really is a far cry from back in the day when having Sky One added to terrestrial broadcasting was a huge deal :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,022 ✭✭✭Colonel Panic

I’m a big fan of Game Pass and use Xbox Cloud Gaming a bit and it’s excellent.

Recently got a Steam Deck myself and it works great on it.

Id love to see a Linux Xbox app so I could stream from my Series S. That would be lovely.

I’m so not surprised about Stadia. I’m a software engineer so well used to having Google killing things and making my life miserable. But even using their stuff in the first place is a nightmare. As a company, they’re just the pits.

• Advertisement
    Master of the Universe

I feel your pain, in my current job we use Google Workspace rather than Microsoft Office. It's an absolute nightmare. Nothing is intuitive and I've never had to Google 'where is XYZ in...' in a software package so much in my life.

Advertisement