Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General Arcade & Retro Chat' Special Championship Edition

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,292 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

There's much better versions of street fighter though.

Still the 3 button pad is not great and not very comfortable while the 6 button pad is a thing of beauty, it's basically almost a Saturn pad and one of the all time great controllers.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,292 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

$90 for the two controller version, Sega can jog on. They're gonna bundle the same pack of games they've been flogging since the collections from the PS2 era so we can wonder why the words decap, attack and classic are appearing so close to each other once again.

Konami on board. Bloodlines is on there and hoping for rocket knight and hard corp as those Konami classics haven't been reissued yet.

Also emulation by M2 means this will be a better experience than the Nintendo systems.

Still a few duffers in the line up. Nobody needs to play altered beast. Hopefully there's some nice surprises announced.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,589 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    Konami on board. Bloodlines is on there and hoping for rocket knight and hard corp as those Konami classics haven't been reissued yet.

Also emulation by M2 means this will be a better experience than the Nintendo systems.

Still a few duffers in the line up. Nobody needs to play altered beast, streets of rage or golden axe

Fixed!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭CosmicSmash

• Registered Users Posts: 3,998 ✭✭✭Nerdkiller1991

Relikk wrote: »
    Hadn't seen that. I only keep seeing the Genesis version. A strange division in products, though. You'd think Street Fighter with a six button controller would be a shoo-in on all versions.
    *Mega Drive.

*Shoe in.
    CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    Fixed!
    HERETIC!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 34,828 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

I really hope they use the plastic dome style D pad and not gel.

Kind of glad they went with the three button pad. The 6 button is great but I always found it a bit small.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,808 ✭✭✭Relikk

*Shoe in.

Wrong, I'm afraid.

True, Mega Drive is a better name.

Got to 8-1 in mario bros with 2 lives left and choked big time. Best I've done warpless. Someday I'll beat it.

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    Got to 8-1 in mario bros with 2 lives left and choked big time. Best I've done warpless. Someday I'll beat it.
    The only Mario games i've ever finished were 6 golden coins and the DS one. Some day i'll play and beat another

• Registered Users Posts: 758 ✭✭✭fmul9798

Thanks - mega drive preordered

• Advertisement

The only Mario games i've ever finished were 6 golden coins and the DS one. Some day i'll play and beat another

The game is disgustingly hard. Never had a NES when younger so not in my muscle memory.

I really want mod my Dreamcast. Does Oisin still do mods, and if so, how far to his place in case I deliver it personally?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 772 ✭✭✭Dublinandy2

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    Fixed!

Nothing wrong with a bit of golden axe

I really want mod my Dreamcast. Does Oisin still do mods, and if so, how far to his place in case I deliver it personally?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,589 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Nothing wrong with a bit of golden axe

Says you!

Master of the Universe

Must be confusing me with someone else, I was never in the modding business.

What you thinking of modding it with, a harddrive?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭CosmicSmash

Maybe R-Type Final wasn't the final one after all.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,790 ✭✭✭Jack burton

Don't bother, he doesn't have a pantry anymore

Maybe R-Type Final wasn't the final one after all.

I just hope this one is good unlike the. Original.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,997 ✭✭✭Shapey Fiend

R-Type Final 1 was rather duff compared to Delta certainly.

• Advertisement

It had the most boring opening level ever and the slowdown killed it. Felt rushed. Granzella is full of ex item staff so fingers crossed.

o1s1n wrote: »
    Must be confusing me with someone else, I was never in the modding business.

What you thinking of modding it with, a harddrive?
    A region free BIOS chip is the first thing I would want, but I would also go with a new fan, something to force 50hz only games to 60 if possible, you know that kind of stuff.

8-1 again in smb. 7-3 cheep cheep level can go **** itself.

Finally

476946.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 12,419 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

• Registered Users Posts: 9,017 ✭✭✭Doge

My dreams have come true in the shape of a mod for Serious Sam VR.

Duke3D is my favourite FPS game, favourite PC Game, and quite possibly my favourite game of all time.
    And since I love VR this is a dream come true.

I love how they enhanced the first map to make it larger, have more enemies attacking the city, EDF soldiers fighting along your side and adding a Duke burger to the street also.

Can't wait to play it.

Master of the Universe

Throwing dollar bills at strippers in VR? Sign me up!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,017 ✭✭✭Doge

Theres a good review of it here thats more focused on the history and stuff, bad language so NSFW though:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭Touch Fuzzy Get Dizzy

Popped into Barcadia, staff were so lovely, food was good too it's a nice place but kids were in earlier and messed some of the machines was a pity. Might be following with Token.
    Didn't get very far in anything :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 3,182 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dr Bob

Doge wrote: »
    My dreams have come true in the shape of a mod for Serious Sam VR.

Duke3D is my favourite FPS game, favourite PC Game, and quite possibly my favourite game of all time.
    And since I love VR this is a dream come true.

I love how they enhanced the first map to make it larger, have more enemies attacking the city, EDF soldiers fighting along your side and adding a Duke burger to the street also.

Can't wait to play it.

Played this a bit and its fantastic . word of warning though , I'm pretty used to vr and after finishing the firat level I was feeling queasy, so maybe dont turn off all comfort options and switch to classic controls straight away like I did...

Advertisement