Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General Arcade & Retro Chat' Special Championship Edition

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,249 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Apparently limited run are selling cdr games so if they can sell at a premium then why not you?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,152 ✭✭✭Quigs Snr

I wouldn't mind a Panzer Dragoon Saga. Of the handful of items left on my Saturn list that's probably the priciest. Decent ones come up regularly at 700 or so, but I suppose that's still a decent chunk of change. If anyone spots a bargain, let me know. I'd be happy enough if they remastered it for switch or something, but fat chance of that if they can't find the source code / do it cost effectively. I am at that stage now where if there is a physical switch version of a retro classic, I am happy enough with that because (a) cheaper usually (b) can play whilst on toilet.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,152 ✭✭✭Quigs Snr

I have an Atari Jaguar CD with a few games. I pulled out Iron Soldier 2 and thought I must have been done over here at some stage.. it's a CDR with a printed sticker on the front. But turns out that was what some of the early legit copies actually were. I suppose when it dies of disc rot it will be easy to make a convincing replacement of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,589 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

There's now a video up showing off the DE10 Nano clone.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,873 ✭✭✭Steve X2

MVG just released a vid on the SAROO cart.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,583 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Oh no, Golden Axe The Duel doesn't work... well that's this product rendered useless to me

• Registered Users Posts: 727 ✭✭✭80s Synth Pop

Everyone here was ahead of the game when we were talking about and ordering SAROO a few months ago. In fairness it's an unbelievable product. The loading speed times are near instant making the likes of Mortal Kombat 3 be playable now. I've yet to come across a game that I haven't been able to get working.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,249 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,583 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Facebook and AliExpress are now dead to me

• Registered Users Posts: 9,213 ✭✭✭MrVestek

Have one on the way from AliExpress as we speak!

No idea what firmware mine has but apparently they're easy enough to update / change.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,241 ✭✭✭DaveyDave

Is there any good lists of Saturn games that aren't all the same Top 10 stuff everyone repeats? Was actually browsing top downloaded roms on CDR and it was all the usual stuff. It makes the Saturn library seem small, particularly outside of RPGs and shooters.

I'll need to have another look as I've about 5 games on my Steam Deck...

Burning Rangers is pretty good

With a ram cart the Capcom fighters are pretty great.

Tomb Raider launched on the Saturn, so it's worth owning for that reason alone.

Daytona/Sega Rally, but Manx TT Superbike has a little charm.

The Touring Car game though, awful.

Fighters Megamix is well worth having too.

This hurts but he has a point. I'd be told to feck off by my friends as well:

• Registered Users Posts: 34,813 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

I recently bought two more Japanese arcade stools from Ondafly. It means I now have four arcade stools, two stools per cabinet for all my friends.

The closest I've gotten is on one occasion, both my cats were sitting on a stool each while I was playing Fatal Fury Special alone. 😂

• Registered Users Posts: 1,779 ✭✭✭geotrig

haha yeah ,none of my friends have interest in the cabs and the stools get used as foot rests more than anything !

Master of the Universe

I set up two PS1s with a link cable.

Nothing quite like standing in a doorway between two rooms with a controller in each hand to let you know nobody really cares about your games anymore. 😂

I convinced my missus to zoom around the track against me in Formula 1 97 for a grand total of 30 seconds before she was back to her Switch.

Really have to get those forum beers back up and running again!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,240 ✭✭✭KeRbDoG

Now a game which might have got some interested with a two PS1s and a link cable would have been Doom.

F1'97, now thats a hard sell :D

Master of the Universe

Someone needs to combine Murray Walker's Formula 1 97 commentary with Doom.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,016 ✭✭✭Doge

My peak retro gaming moment was when we got to plug a second mega drive controller into ze Nomad in chez Ciderman for 2 player Virtua Racing! We did about 10 seconds of it and had to go home! 😂 Was so cool though.

That and the 8 player Mario Kart on the GameCube on the projector out in the cold the same night and myself and Ollie didn't even know which car we were driving on screen at the start of th race! 😂

Just realised there that the girl that archived all the dragon quest 9 DLC before the servers went down is Irish. Ireland doing their part for videogame preservation.

• Advertisement

I just discovered the Pi1541 project, it has cycle accurate emulation of the 1541 drive for the C64 and even works with any raspberry pi including the first raspi if you overclock it! The hat module is cheep cheep on eBay and etsy too.

I still have the 1541 Ultimate II.

Need to update the firmware and check out the latest features as it's been years since I updated it.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,241 ✭✭✭DaveyDave

A deep dive into Gran Turismo on PS1/2. There's just something about the series that nails everything from presentation to gameplay, they were in heavy rotation for me on both consoles.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,633 ✭✭✭Inviere

Speaking of, I'm making my way through Bad Influence. It still has a ton of charm, and it's nice to watch things like the release of Sonic 2, the hype of the next gen (32bit) machines etc....and the Z Wright segments remind me of the awe we used to have for things in America.

Post edited by Inviere on

Master of the Universe

What's the quality like on the versions you're watching? Mine are absolutely potato vhs transfers I downloaded an eternity ago. Would be great if someone did some sort of upscaling to fix them up with modern tech.

Same, they're VHS rips....some are better than others though. Perfectly watchable for the most part though

Anyone buy the zero tolerance collection?

You can unlock a playable version of the prototype! @o1s1n that should keep the soviets off your back! 🤣

Master of the Universe

NOOOOO my prototype value just went through the floor 😂

Edit - oooh it looks to be a prototype of Beyond Zero Tolerance, not the original game.

The Hinds will continue circling over my house…

Perhaps now's a good time to lash it up on ebay given it has a bit of visibility with this compilation release.

• Advertisement

Tell them they can have it if they pull out of Ukraine.

Advertisement