Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Another 3rd party extension Q

Options
  • 25-10-2018 9:11am

I need to bring my dads classic to the garage,
    It is 1973 so NCT except,
    Is this covered on the 3rd part extension?

Thanks

B*finger

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 35 Verified rep Liberty Insurance: Mary

Hi

I have referred your query to our underwriting team and will confirm the outcome with you as soon as I hear back from them.

Regards

Mary

• Company Representative Posts: 35 Verified rep Liberty Insurance: Mary

In reply to your query our underwriting team have confirmed the following.

Driving other cars is Third Party Only cover.

If your certificate of insurance says so, we will also cover you, the policyholder, for your liability to other people while you are driving any other private motor car which you do not own or have not hired under a hire-purchase or lease agreement, as long as:

1. the other car is not owned by your

employer or hired to them under a

hire-purchase or lease agreement;

2. you currently hold a full European

Union (EU) licence;

3. the use of the other car is covered in your certificate of insurance; 4. there is a current insurance policy in place in another person's name that covers the other car; 5. you have the owner's permission to drive the other car; 6. the other car is in a roadworthy condition and holds a valid NCT; 7. you still have the insured vehicle and it holds a valid NCT and is in a roadworthy condition.

This extension applies while being driven within the territorial limits and only to private passenger cars. It does not include:

. vans;

. car-vans;

. jeep-type vehicles with no seats in the back; or . vans adapted to carry passengers.

Regards Mary

Advertisement