Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dublins lock hard men

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,294 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

Dr Brown wrote: »
    So clampers don't clamp people at lightning speed once they get out of their car ?

I have witnessed these scumbags put a clamp on a car in less than 30 seconds.

Private clampers, maybe. But not DCC clampers. They give you at least 15 minutes.
    My experience: wife was using the parking app but she had a new card, old number was still attached to the app. Parked and "paid" but she didn't get confirmation, she got an message saying her card was invalid which she thought was the paid confirmation. Only realised about an hour and a half later when she was out in a restaurant. Rang the parking tag people, they confirmed our number was read once by the clampers but we weren't clamped. Presumable they come back around 15 minutes later and if you're still there without paying, then you get clamped. We paid over the phone and didn't get clamped.
    Presumably this is for people to get change. NCPS are a different story, but DCC clampers are ok in my book

• Registered Users Posts: 8,187 ✭✭✭realdanbreen

Clampers and lock hard men are two completely different species.

• Registered Users Posts: 78,411 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Cienciano wrote: »
    Private clampers, maybe. But not DCC clampers. They give you at least 15 minutes.
    It will depend on circumstances. If you engage in nuisance parking, you can be clamped immediately. Not having paid may get you a 10 minute grace period.

• Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭hankless

Clampers and lock hard men are two completely different species.

One of them was the person that the teacher put in charge when they left the room. The other was the person that threw things at the person in charge.

• Registered Users Posts: 444 ✭✭Alicano

Defo still going. I see them on West road in East Wall for Croke Pk events. Ran past a poor family standing beside their SUV with it's main back window smashed when Dublin were playing Tyrone. Awful stuff. Probably didn't pay the boyzzzz :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
Advertisement