Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Voucher refund

Options
  • 25-10-2018 1:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,318 ✭✭✭

Bought a voucher online with credit card, after no availabilty to use voucher (overbooked) I asked for a refund, voucher was purchased today.

Emails going back and forth, they are now asking for my CC details via email to refund the amount.

Should I give it to them? I'm always sceptical about providing such information over email.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,740 ✭✭✭Xterminator

how else should they refund?

be confident it is the business you are dealing with by all means, but if you used a credit card to purchase then that's how they will refund.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,880 ✭✭✭johndoe99

i'd be sceptical too. Surely if you entered your CC details on there website, it would just be a matter of refunding back to those entered details. Does the website in question have secure credentials.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,457 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

johndoe99 wrote: »
    i'd be sceptical too. Surely if you entered your CC details on there website, it would just be a matter of refunding back to those entered details. Does the website in question have secure credentials.

If payment was made through and intermediary they might not have access the credit card details.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,457 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

johndoe99 wrote: »

Most companies do not hold on to your CC details, the likes of Amazon do because they get a serious lot of repeat business but most companies do not.

There's any number of reasons not to do so - a disgruntled employee stealing the database and selling it on for one.

There's no risk if the OP give's his CC details without the security number on the back, they do not need that to apply a credit.

Advertisement