Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

VODAFONE CLAIMING THEY CAN USE EIR FTTH NOW - IS THIS CORRECT?

Options
  • 25-10-2018 3:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,494 ✭✭✭

This is bugging me, had a few VF reps stating categorically that VF can now use EIR FTTH infrastructure and they are cheaper.

Is this true and if not how can I complain?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,017 ✭✭✭tsue921i8wljb3

swoofer wrote: »
    This is bugging me, had a few VF reps stating categorically that VF can now use EIR FTTH infrastructure and they are cheaper.

Is this true and if not how can I complain?

I don't know why you are asking eir retail who the reps here work for if a competitor is on the network. You probably should try open eir but they will likely not speak to you.

It seems there is some availability of Vodafone FTTH on the open eir network but it is all very cloak and dagger. There is no mention of it on the Vodafone site but there have been a few installations reported in the Broadband forum. I would guess that they are in a testing phase with a small subset of customers and that a full launch would follow in the future.

Advertisement