Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Star Trek: Lower Decks (animated series)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,163 ✭✭✭✭flazio

Clip posted on Tawney Newsome's TikTok

https://vm.tiktok.com/ZMN5G6HwV/?k=1

• Registered Users Posts: 6,789 ✭✭✭Evade

Yay, Romulans. Here's hoping thruples and real fake doors will never be brought up again.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,634 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

It's back baby. Just when nu Trk seemed like a total wasteland, Strange New Worlds and Lower Decks came along

• Registered Users Posts: 3,888 ✭✭✭Rawr

I'm delighted...but concerned. Isn't this a little too quick to throw together a season of an animated show? I know they're using a load of computerized tricks to make it, but I'd hate to think that they'd burn themselves out. This is the best Trek we've got going at the moment and I'd like to see it going for a good long while.

Really looking forward though. It's nice to approach a new season of Trek again, somewhat sure in the knowledge that it will be some good television.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,078 ✭✭✭TheIrishGrover

Animation-wise, the last 10 years or so have dramatically reduced the turnaround time for TV animation (One only has to look at the rapid output of Gravity Falls and Own House on Disney. Absolutely beautiful animation).

However, writing-wise, yeah, I'm torn. Strange New Worlds really buzzed me again for more Trek. I love Lower Decks. And want more. NOW!!! At the same time, I don't want them churning through their plots too quickly.

So, yeah, It's a bit of a Schrodinger TV show: Give me ALL your plots NOW and ALSO continue for years!!

• Advertisement

Exactly this. I'd rather they take their time. I can wait for a good thing, and I remember the old gaps between seasons of weekly Trek on TV. This was the norm, and I could live with it. I'm guessing this absolute need to have new Trek EVERY week on Paramount+ is what's pushing this mad dash to get Trek shows out quickly. I feel that this may be a bad mistake. Without breaks, I fear that everyone is just going to get burned out. The production, the network and the viewers. Nothing at all wrong with waiting a good few months for the next season.

It may worry you to know so that vocal recording for season 4 has already started.

If they are done with Season 3, I guess it makes sense. If they can keep the quality up at this pace, my undying respect goes to these people...but I do fear a burnout.

Come on Paramount, just get the Discovery bunch to binge produce 30 episodes of Micheal cry-whispering at her crew and let those talentless hacks burn themselves out. Give the real talent a couple a breathers FFS.

• Registered Users Posts: 31,715 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

I wouldn't be too surprised if after (or even before) the first season got a good reception, they just kept working, riffing on ideas, and coming up with solid outlines for future episodes. For all we know they've got a fully fleshed out 5 or 6 season bible laying out the trajectory of the show.

Looking at the two seasons so far, they've got a fairly large roster of writers, who are each only writing one or max 2 episodes per season. So, especially given that each ep is only around 25 pages, there's been plenty of time for that broad range of writers to put together a few seasons worth of content without a drop in writing quality (hopefully!).

There's only 10 22 minute episodes a year which easy faily easy pace compared to a lot of series.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26,345 ✭✭✭✭breezy1985

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,634 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

Comic Con trailer; god damn that DS9 gag was good lol

2009 movie scene. My word. Looks like the real Martock is there as well.

Looking forward to it.

Looks like Rutherford's been shopping at the same place Jake Sisko did.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,142 ✭✭✭ilovesmybrick

That DS9 gag at the end was perfection, and they did a great job on the station

• Registered Users Posts: 12,475 ✭✭✭✭TheValeyard

That looks brilliant!

All Eyes On Rafah

I never knew I needed to see that wormhole again until I saw it.

The new season looks amazing. Every bit of that was exciting.

Seems like the goal lies wide open for a Quark cameo, at least. After all, if the crew are having to draw between the lines, where else would you go?

Robinson is 80 years old; that would be awesome. Going to try and dampen my hype on this cos the possibilities for a fun cameo are endless.

• Advertisement

Is that not a Garak cameo

Watching it again the Delta Flyer is at ~45 seconds and to dash my own hopes of everyone's favourite tailor showing up Captain Freeman is in command when they arrive at DS9 so whatever renegade STIII-ness is going on in the first few episodes they're probably back in Starfleet by then.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,467 ✭✭✭Niska

As well as the shenanigans of stealing the Cerritos, the poster is leaning heavily into Search for Spock.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,867 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

I wonder could we infer from that poster, that whatever the ulterior motive behind Rutherford's implant is (as we briefly saw at the end of S2), he goes off-mission and needs to be rescued by the gang?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,490 ✭✭✭corkie

Since Season 3 is coming out on August 25, it’s the perfect time to look back on some of the biggest developments from the last 10 episodes.

3 Weeks wait for it! As with the Orville finishing, no space operas to watch at present.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,995 ✭✭✭✭Stark

Good news for Amazon Prime subscribers, season 3 will premiere there for international subscribers on Aug 26th.

That is good news: I had been wondering if Paramount+ becoming active in UK/IE might hoover up the remaining licenses floating about other services.

I won't specify exactly how but has anyone with a UK/Ireland Paramount+ subscription logged into their account "in the US" and does it give you the US catalogue of programmes?

• Advertisement

Advertisement