Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Overkill

• 25-10-2018 6:15pm
    Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 28,619 Mod ✭✭✭✭

This topic comes up now and again usually when lads talk about foxing with a 308 or bigger.

Watching a few Youtube vids and seen this one. (skip to 3:09 for the shot)

Now i'm not that concerned about what caliber people use as dead is dead, but feck me, a .50cal for a deer.

The worrying part is he didn't even his the deer and if you look carefully the tree behind the deer gets struck, a piece is flung out to the right and then you can see (what i can only assume is) the bullet deflecting wildly off to the left.

This is, to me, one of the rare cases of overkill. There is absolutely no need for 50cal for deer and the fact he missed with a 750 gr bullet doing over 3,000fps is madness.
    Forum Charter - Useful Information - Photo thread: Hardware - Ranges by County - Hunting Laws/Important threads - Upcoming Events - RFDs by County

If you see a problem post use the report post function. Click on the three dots on the post, select "FLAG" & let a Moderator deal with it.

Moderators - Cass otmmyboy2 , CatMod - Shamboc , Admins - Beasty , mickeroo

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 535 ✭✭✭solarwinds

If that deer stood for any longer she would have died from old age. Seems he wasn't too worried about his back ground either you would think a guy like that would have known that a round like that would just pass straight through a deer and the other 5 standing behind it.
    Clown

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,331 ✭✭✭Rows Grower

He missed the deer and still killed it with the same shot???

I suppose it helps when the magazine is about the size of a laptop ffs.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,759 ✭✭✭cookimonster

The only thing he can be accused of 'OVERING' is product placement and advertising....

I've watched a good few of his videos and he is often criticised about his hunts as many of them are on managed properties, in other words 'paid hunts' were deer are basicly farmed and often taken over bait....

No doubt he was plugging another product here....

There's another one where a chap is knocking deer with a .5 and the deer have no idea what's happening as he walks in the rounds from a looooong way off, until eventually he smacks the deer, not a very clean kill either....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,759 ✭✭✭cookimonster

https://youtu.be/cN35xpgX8uM

....make up your own minds on this one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,331 ✭✭✭Rows Grower

Ah c'mere, that's like the morning after stag party material.

He wouldn't hit 'um if he was behind the white partition at 2.30.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 535 ✭✭✭solarwinds

That deer knew they were in the safest place. The only thing missing from that video was the dueling banjos.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,065 ✭✭✭✭Grizzly 45

Tracer rounds...Not known for match grade capabilities in the first place. Still,I suppose using a 50 cal will save a lot of gutting,dragging,and if using tracer, the cooking as well.All you will have to do is pick up the bits .:rolleyes:

"If you want to keep someone away from your house, Just fire the shotgun through the door."

Vice President [and former lawyer] Joe Biden Field& Stream Magazine interview Feb 2013 "

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭garv123

The myth that a 50cal can kill you without hitting you was busted a lot of times..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,119 ✭✭✭Gravelly

I'd say the deer died of fright more so than anything else!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,772 ✭✭✭meathstevie

What's he going to use if he ever goes hunting moose ? An antique 17 pounder anti tank gun ?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 28,619 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cass

just call in an airstrike, danger close.

The fool. :rolleyes:
    Forum Charter - Useful Information - Photo thread: Hardware - Ranges by County - Hunting Laws/Important threads - Upcoming Events - RFDs by County

If you see a problem post use the report post function. Click on the three dots on the post, select "FLAG" & let a Moderator deal with it.

Moderators - Cass otmmyboy2 , CatMod - Shamboc , Admins - Beasty , mickeroo

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,551 ✭✭✭SeaFields

I can see why comments are disabled on that video. An illustration of firearms in the hands of stupidity.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,088 ✭✭✭aaakev

MERICA, FCUK YEAH!!

Advertisement